How often do you upgrade your phone?
    Annually. I have to draw the line somewhere, at least until I reach Bob K. level of wealth. At that point I’ll probably buy a Hermès edition for each day of the week.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-04-2018 06:02 PM
    Annually. I have to draw the line somewhere, at least until I reach Bob K. level of wealth. At that point I’ll probably buy a Hermès edition for each day of the week.
    Seems legit.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    05-04-2018 06:03 PM
    If you plan on upgrading every year, maybe not.
    In general, I think it's worth the extra $ simply for the SS and the Sapphire Crystal.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-04-2018 09:18 PM
    I spent the extra for the stainless model. I had the series 0 in stainless that I bought used after the series 2 came out and it took a lot of abuse and still looked new when I sold it off upon purchasing my series 3 watch. I’ve already managed to scratch the stainless in a couple places on my series e watch, but the screen is perfect.
    05-05-2018 05:54 PM
    To ME the Stainless Steel is worth the money. I have a SS SB AW2.
    05-05-2018 06:25 PM
    I do prefer the stainless steel version, but I take serious issue with Apple making that version only for the LTE AW3. I have found since getting my AW3 at launch I don't need the LTE features all that often, my phone is almost always with me especially when I run. I would prefer SS on a non-LTE version like I had on my AW2.

I don't have to activate the LTE but why should I have to get it that way in the first place just to get SS, and pay the carrier $10 a month for something that is paired to my phone.
    05-12-2018 09:45 AM
    I do prefer the stainless steel version, but I take serious issue with Apple making that version only for the LTE AW3. I have found since getting my AW3 at launch I don't need the LTE features all that often, my phone is almost always with me especially when I run. I would prefer SS on a non-LTE version like I had on my AW2.

I don't have to activate the LTE but why should I have to get it that way in the first place just to get SS, and pay the carrier $10 a month for something that is paired to my phone.
    Perhaps they do this now to differentiate between the aluminum and stainless steel version, so dedicate the stainless steel models to just LTE ones, and the ceramic models too.

Initially I was also wondering why Apple would do that, since I’ve always bought the stainless steel versions from the start. In the end just have to make do and bought the stainless steel again for the Series 3, and activated mobile data as well. But honestly no regrets.

Cheers!
    05-12-2018 09:22 PM
    I thought so too, but you can get Aluminum version with LTE if you want, I see it as a money thing, they can squeeze a few hundred more if you want stainless steel, but hey we are giving you LTE, buy it will also cost you $10 a month for wireless service you may or may not want. I know I could just skip the LTE service but then why am I getting stainless steel other than I want the more weighty device and better option for not getting scratched.
    05-13-2018 05:50 PM
    I thought so too, but you can get Aluminum version with LTE if you want, I see it as a money thing, they can squeeze a few hundred more if you want stainless steel, but hey we are giving you LTE, buy it will also cost you $10 a month for wireless service you may or may not want. I know I could just skip the LTE service but then why am I getting stainless steel other than I want the more weighty device and better option for not getting scratched.
    When I wanted to get my first Apple Watch in 2015, I was juggling between the stainless steel and aluminum sport, then decided to go stainless steel and ever since then got 'addicted' to it.

Yes the steel version is quite a bit more expensive than aluminum, but it looks more like a 'proper watch' to me, as in I can wear it in all occasions and it looks a lot better as well.

Perhaps it was a good move by Apple to place all their stainless steel and ceramic models to feature just LTE alone, in order to 'up' its prestige status. Overall, the price hasn't been any cheaper. Instead after including LTE, price went up even further.

We'll I'd say in aesthetics wise, stainless steel with some hairline scratch wear looks classic with a lot of character in them.
    05-13-2018 09:03 PM
    We'll I'd say in aesthetics wise, stainless steel with some hairline scratch wear looks classic with a lot of character in them.
    Cape Cod wipes will get those micro-scratches out of the SS watches (and iPhone X)
    05-14-2018 05:54 AM
    Cape Cod wipes will get those micro-scratches out of the SS watches (and iPhone X)
    I've heard a lot of good reviews of Cape Cod, but primarily being a polish, it'll still buff out the top layer of metals.

I suppose only use it when the scratches gets too much.
    05-14-2018 09:12 PM
    I've heard a lot of good reviews of Cape Cod, but primarily being a polish, it'll still buff out the top layer of metals.

I suppose only use it when the scratches gets too much.
    I've used it a few times on micro scratches in the time I've owned the S0 and it's fine. The watch hasn't been polished down to the motherboard
    05-15-2018 07:09 AM
    I've used it a few times on micro scratches in the time I've owned the S0 and it's fine. The watch hasn't been polished down to the motherboard
    Well definitely not to that extend, just that I preferred the way it is used, unless the scratches gets too unsightly.
    05-15-2018 12:33 PM
    Well definitely not to that extend, just that I preferred the way it is used, unless the scratches gets too unsightly.
    It's such a light touch on the surface to clean it, it's really not a big deal. And you don't need to do it often. If it gets that beat up you should be wearing something else
    05-15-2018 08:39 PM
    It's such a light touch on the surface to clean it, it's really not a big deal. And you don't need to do it often. If it gets that beat up you should be wearing something else
    True, I still don’t find myself polishing my SS watches including my TAG Heuer and Rolex, even though TAG did a full polishing when I sent my watch in for a full overhaul.

Good thing about polishing is that it makes your watch bling more again.
    05-16-2018 01:14 AM
    For me its not the cost difference otherwise I wouldn't be using iOS devices and buying new ones annually but having to get cellular just to get stainless steel and having to pay more for cellular is a poor move on their part . . . IMO.
    05-19-2018 09:05 PM
    For me its not the cost difference otherwise I wouldn't be using iOS devices and buying new ones annually but having to get cellular just to get stainless steel and having to pay more for cellular is a poor move on their part . . . IMO.
    If your priority is getting stainless steel over cellular, then no choice, else there’re still the aluminum versions.
    05-19-2018 09:52 PM
    I only got the cellular version because I wanted the SS model. I'm happy I have the cellular now though. I still think the $15 TMo charges is a little much.
    05-20-2018 08:38 AM
    I have the AW3 aluminum version with Ion-X Glass and am strongly considering to get the SS. With moderate use and being careful with my watch I still noticed some slight scratches on my screen and I find that very annoying.
    I hope the SS with the more scratch resistant will fare better on my wrist. Ooh, and I love how the SS looks, something I expected the silver aluminum would make me not wanting an SS.
    05-20-2018 10:00 AM
    I have the AW3 aluminum version with Ion-X Glass and am strongly considering to get the SS. With moderate use and being careful with my watch I still noticed some slight scratches on my screen and I find that very annoying.
    I hope the SS with the more scratch resistant will fare better on my wrist. Ooh, and I love how the SS looks, something I expected the silver aluminum would make me not wanting an SS.
    I’m considering the same. I have the Gold Aluminum AW3 and noticed more than a few scratches on my screen
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-20-2018 10:07 AM
    I had the very first sport aluminum and I just bought the series 3 sport aluminum. I wore the first one naked since launch and it got beat around quite a bit but never scratched, screen or body. I bought the Spigen Tough Armor case for the s3, for no reason other than to add a little bulk to the watch.

Is the $200 worth it? To me, no, based on my own experiences with the sport aluminum.

Was the extra $70 for LTE worth it? To me, again, no, but I bought it anyway as I'll probably activate it in the coming weeks.
    I'm changing my answer. If you decide it's worth it, then it really doesn't matter what all of us think. You're the one buying and using it. If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.
    05-20-2018 05:21 PM
    In fact the sapphire crystal on the SS is definitely more durable and I can vouch for it. I've a couple of occasions banged it on hard surfaces and even brushed it across concrete walls, all without a single scratch or blemish on it.
    05-20-2018 09:02 PM
    In fact the sapphire crystal on the SS is definitely more durable and I can vouch for it. I've a couple of occasions banged it on hard surfaces and even brushed it across concrete walls, all without a single scratch or blemish on it.
    It’s very durable. My Space Black still looks brand new after heavy wear since last year.
    05-21-2018 12:25 AM
    It’s very durable. My Space Black still looks brand new after heavy wear since last year.
    So that's part of the reason why we're paying a lot more. The premium look of SS plus the durability or sapphire crystal front and ceramic back all adds up to the cost.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-21-2018 03:45 AM
    I debated it and went for it. Best decision I made thus far.... I work in emergency services and IT. SBSS has been smashed, dragged and dropped and a once every few weeks, a wipe down and it still look new out of the box.

Tartarus, robertk328 and Almeuit like this.
    05-22-2018 10:03 AM
51 123