What conditions are you using your series 3 in?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So according to the Apple website about the series 3 watch:

"Apple Watch Series 3 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 3 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth."

Ok, the watch is good to go for swimming in a pool or ocean, but not water skiing, scuba diving, etc. Since the weather here is starting to get warmer, I'm breaking out the mountain bike for some afternoon and weekend rides. Now I'm not worried about water and sweat, but what about mud, muck, etc.?

Thoughts?

In what conditions are you using your series 3?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mud and muck!....Oh heck no!...My mud and muck playing days ended when I left the Marine Corps many moons ago. Nowadays, I wear business attire almost 7 days a week, and if I don't plan on getting dirty, my Series 3 Watch sure as heck isn't either....:cool:....Anyway, to answer your question, I wear my Watch 7 days a week under in conditions that are in no way harmful to it or me....(laughing)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I am dust ha ha. My work conditions are dusty like you wouldn’t believe and banging my hands and head in tight spaces. In other words, my Apple Watch is going to get banged up. That’s why I bought a case for it, though I want a more comfortable one. The aluminum holds up quite well to being beat on though.

mcg3745

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
All day everyday in a welding shop. Case and screen protector a must. Always under the cover of a heavy glove cuff. I have seen weld spatter stick to phone displays, then cool and crack screens. Dont want that happening!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I am dust ha ha. My work conditions are dusty like you wouldn’t believe and banging my hands and head in tight spaces. In other words, my Apple Watch is going to get banged up. That’s why I bought a case for it, though I want a more comfortable one. The aluminum holds up quite well to being beat on though.

I did hvac work for many years so I feel your dust and banging pains.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I wear mine daily and not in conditions that would cause harm to it. I did have armour suit screen protector on it and have changed it twice in the 5 months have had it. Unlike my Series 2, the edges pop up and that frustrated me. Two days ago I received a crystal casing that I got on ebay, clear in color as well because I love the color of my watch. It is great so far and no more screen protectors...this does it all. And the touch isn’t sacrificed. It works perfect.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I wear mine 7 days/week save for during showers (even though I know that I can) at which time I wear a $20 Casio I picked up from Walmart.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my Series 3 a few months ago so I haven’t had much opportunity to get into trouble with it due to Michigan being a frozen tundra during the winter months. I have worn it while giving my kids a bath but that’s about it. This summer we have some vacations planned so I’ll have an opportunity to get it wet. I bought the LTE version just so I could go down to the beach and pool without worrying about bringing my phone with me.
As far as mud, muck and dust go, I’m not planning on any of those. I work in an office and wear a suit every day.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
My S3 is on at all times other than showers. But throughout the day it is exposed to water, ice, snow, fire, sweat, dust, mud, grease, wires, and tool knocks. I am a phone tech and firefighter in a very rural environment, so it takes a beating working out in the elements no matter if I'm way up the air or feet deep in the mud/dirt.

I have it encased in a Spigen Tough Armor case (built in screen protector included) which shows the beating it takes. Speaking of which, it is about time for a new case. When I take the case off most weekends... my watch looks brand spanking new. I use the black band provided which cleans up very quickly and usually only change bands on night out events or weekends.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW