I recently purchased a Series 3 watch to use with my 8+. I can't seem to make the watch stay unlocked while I'm wearing it. My work email server requires a passcode on my phone which then requires a passcode on my watch. I thought the watch would stay unlocked while I was wearing it but that hasn't been the case. The problem with this is that the watch doesn't receive notifications while it's locked defeating the point of wearing a smartwatch.

Any suggestions??
    02-10-2018 11:38 AM
    I recently purchased a Series 3 watch to use with my 8+. I can't seem to make the watch stay unlocked while I'm wearing it. My work email server requires a passcode on my phone which then requires a passcode on my watch. I thought the watch would stay unlocked while I was wearing it but that hasn't been the case. The problem with this is that the watch doesn't receive notifications while it's locked defeating the point of wearing a smartwatch.

Any suggestions??
    I hate to point out the obvious, but make sure the watch isn’t to loose. It doesn’t need to be tight, but a fit to where it doesn’t move around a lot. Also, if you have any dark tattoos around the area where the sensors are can cause this issue too.
    02-10-2018 11:42 AM
    I thought of the tightness issue and tried one hole tighter but that didn't help.
    02-10-2018 11:45 AM
    Maybe this is the problem....

Keep Watch unlocked while wearing-img_0108.jpg
    02-10-2018 11:49 AM
    Maybe this is the problem....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	122314
    That could be. If you can, check to see if the sensors on the back of the watch go over your tattoo. Maybe you can position it in a way to where they’re not on the tattoo.
    02-10-2018 11:52 AM
    I turned Wrist Detection off and that seems to work. What's not going to work properly with that setting turned off?
    02-10-2018 12:11 PM
    The tattoo could be the reason, but it could be a defective Apple Watch. Try for a few days on the other wrist to check if the sensor is working properly.
    RECON1 likes this.
    02-10-2018 12:16 PM
    I turned Wrist Detection off and that seems to work. What's not going to work properly with that setting turned off?
    I believe Wrist Detection is what your watches used to determine if it’s being worn or not. So you might get notifications on both watch and phone. Apple Pay probably won’t work. I’m not sure if you’ll still have the ability for any heath recording features either with it off.
    02-10-2018 12:17 PM
    Ok, that way is going to work but is less secure, because if you accidentally lose the watch, it will be unlocked...
    Try on the other wrist just to check if the Apple Watch is defective or not
    02-10-2018 12:19 PM
    I believe Wrist Detection is what your watches used to determine if it’s being worn or not. So you might get notifications on both watch and phone. Apple Pay probably won’t work. I’m not sure if you’ll still have the ability for any heath recording features either with it off.
    I don’t know about Apple Pay, but health features are working even with wrist detection turned off
    RECON1 likes this.
    02-10-2018 12:24 PM
    The watch won’t give stand notifications. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207941

And, of course, if you lose your watch, whoever finds it can see your info if it’s not locked. If they are in a known WiFi location, they can send emails, messages, and maybe make calls if you have WiFi calling enabled on your phone.
    02-10-2018 08:37 PM
    Apple Pay will not work if you turn off wrist detection
    02-20-2018 09:14 PM