I just purchased an AW 3 42mm and I wanted to put a case on it to protect it from drops, bumps and everything that could go wrong cosmetically speaking. I would like screen protection but not use a piece of film or thin piece of plastic that you put on the screen.

I know there are a variety of cases on the market today but I am looking for durability, screen protection and overall good protection.

What is the best case to protect the Apple Watch 3?
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-30-2018 12:39 PM
    I use this one when I need that kind of protection. It does a great job, but not something I would use full time. I don’t use anything unless I really feel like I need to. I’m not a fan of cases on the Watch.

Spigen Rugged Armor Apple Watch Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and 2 Screen Protectors Included for 42mm Apple Watch Series 3 / Series 2 / 1 / Original (2015) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UVSNQPM...mUvbUpU3040082
    01-30-2018 12:55 PM
    I was actually looking at that case, the Spigen Rugged Armor. Also, I was looking at Caseology and Supcase as well. Why don't you like cases for the Watch? Do you use a case on your phone?
    01-30-2018 01:03 PM
    I’d go with the Spigen Tough Armor case. I have both the Tough and Rugged models but the Tough is a better choice for protection. It has a built in screen protector.

Here is a copy paste from a previous post of mine 2 months ago about AW case:

I have a Spigen Tough Armor on my 42mm S3. It works well and doesn't add a lot of bulk in my opinion. Has a built in screen protector and the touch screen performs without fail.

I’ve only been an AW owner for a couple weeks, so my experience should be considered rookie status.

Might be overboard in some people eyes, but I live in the country/mountains. So I am rough on my devices (I should be a poster board example for Lifeproof cases). Will put it to the test this summer out on wildland fires.

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Extrem...mUvbUpU3040198

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a6531978fb.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dfd87e6581.jpg
    AppleKarma and cwbcpa like this.
    01-30-2018 10:30 PM
    @wolfee48~ Thanks for your input. The Spigen Tough Armor case comes WITH a band or no band? I guess it doesn't matter. My point is to protect the screen and body from smudges, fingerprints, bumps, scrapes, etc... and of course the accidental stuff.
    01-31-2018 07:10 AM
    @wolfee48~ Thanks for your input. The Spigen Tough Armor case comes WITH a band or no band? I guess it doesn't matter. My point is to protect the screen and body from smudges, fingerprints, bumps, scrapes, etc... and of course the accidental stuff.
    Comes with no band.
    01-31-2018 07:22 AM
    I had the Rugged Armor on my original AW and it was a good case. The only issue I had with it was sweat would get between the case and the bottom of the watch and that caused a little discoloration, but nothing major.

However that Tough Armor case is looking sweet.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-07-2018 11:20 AM
    Well I got the Tough Armor case.

02-11-2018 10:11 AM
    I use Spigen Rugged Armor as well when using Nike Sports band or Nylon Sports Loop. Or a clear TPU case that covers the screen when using Milanese band.
    03-09-2018 10:49 PM
    My brother in law is a cop, and he uses the supcase. He liked that it came with a band as well as the case. I've never used a case personally though.
    04-17-2018 07:02 AM
    I ordered this case from Amazon immediately after I ordered my AW. In fact, it arrived before the watch! It's description on Amazon says: "Julk iwatch screen protector tpu all-around protective case 0.3mm hd clear ultra-thin cover for 2017 new apple watch series 3 (42mm)".

I wanted something that protected the watch, but wasn't bulky, and didn't detract from the "looks" of the Watch. It was affordable ($8.99) and very easy to put on, and I'm very pleased with it so far. Granted, I'm only three days in, but I'd definitely order again!!! In fact, I've added it to my Amazon wish list, so I can find it easily!
    04-19-2018 09:50 AM
    I have a crystal case cover. It’s nice and not heavy looking. I had a full screen protector on it but edges keep popping up. Don’t like that
    04-22-2018 06:58 PM
    I haven't used a case on my AW2 or AW3 and so far no issues at all. I like to see the style and appearance but perhaps a case isn't a bad idea when you might be working outdoors or doing some heavy work where it could get hit and you don't want to leave your watch off. Good ideas, thanks.

Almost forgot Catalyst Lifestyle has 2 cases out for the AW3 42mm style https://www.catalystlifestyle.com/co...watch-series-3 and the second one is a true water proof monster.
    05-12-2018 09:01 AM