Battery Drain in Airplane normal?

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I got a series 3 with gps + cellular on Christmas. Now that I have had it for a few weeks, I noticed the battery drains quickly in airplane mode. See I work a part time job in an area with bad cell coverage so when I am at work during the day, I have my iphone 7 plus and apple watch in airplane mode to save battery. But I noticed the battery drains kinda fast on my apple watch in airplane mode. I take the watch off the charger around 7:30 AM and put it in Airplane at like 8 pm when I get to work. When I get off work at like 2PM the watch is down to 91 or 89 percent. I know that's not a lot, but I am not doing anything on my watch at work besides check the time occasionally. I am wondering if raise to wake is killing the battery too. I turned off background app refresh for the watch. But I noticed it might sill monitor my heart rate and steps too. Anyway, do a drop from 100 to 91 or 89% in the span of five hours in airplane mode is normal with like little to no usage? I might be crazy, but my series 1 didn't drop as fast in batter life in airplane mode.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I take the watch off the charger around 7:30 AM and put it in Airplane at like 8 pm when I get to work. When I get off work at like 2PM

?

Ken Magel said:
9% in five hours with the watch monitoring your heart rate seems normal.

I have no idea if that's normal or not but it doesn't seem outrageous to me (if that's the case). I'd also try charging it to 100% at night, then putting it in Airplane Mode and check your capacity in the morning. When I do this, capacity is at 99-100%.

But if there are no typos in the OP's post (am I'm misunderstanding the times?) then that's really good.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am good now. I turned off raise to wake and my battery is still rocking at like 95-96 % battery life AFTER five hours of being on with the heart rate sensor and hey siri.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR