Why is my Watch not fully charging?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my Watch not fully charging?

My watch is down to 97% even though I haven’t worn it in a couple days and it’s on the charger. I have to reboot it to get a full charge as I mentioned earlier. So annoying...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

A similar situation came up with people complaining that their iPads were charging to just short of 100% but never 100% that they could see.

Apple said that the iPads charge and discharge and charge so as not to overcharge the battery. I've only seen the one reference, where ever that was.

I wonder if the same thing is being done for the Watch. It's battery is much smaller and overcharging and heat would be less Watch friendly.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

A similar situation came up with people complaining that their iPads were charging to just short of 100% but never 100% that they could see.

Apple said that the iPads charge and discharge and charge so as not to overcharge the battery. I've only seen the one reference, where ever that was.

I wonder if the same thing is being done for the Watch. It's battery is much smaller and overcharging and heat would be less Watch friendly.

Doubtful because it will never recharge to 100% no mater how much I use it unless I reboot it.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Why is my Watch not fully charging?

My watch has been on the charger for 12 hours. I can see the battery level of the watch on my iPhone - it is 94%. It never gets to 100%.

Last edited:

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Did you try to reboot it?

Yes-no change. I’m going to try a different charger tonight and see if it is any better. The charger I’ve been using is the brand new one that came with my watch but who knows it might be that it’s the problem.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Decided to put my original Apple watch on the same charger I’ve been using for my Series 3. I haven’t used that watch in a long time so it was quite dead! Long story short, it was fully charged 100% after approximately five hours. So I guess there’s nothing wrong with the charger.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Ok now I have a problem. Today only up to 93%. It has been perfect until now

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I got home around two today. It’s 7:25. It’s at 97%. 30 min ago 93%. Seems to be taking longer to charge. I do have a phone call scheduled with Apple tomorrow. Hopefully it’s ok.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

I got home around two today. It’s 7:25. It’s at 97%. 30 min ago 93%. Seems to be taking longer to charge. I do have a phone call scheduled with Apple tomorrow. Hopefully it’s ok.

It’s as if the software doesn’t read the true percentage and stops charging.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

Started doing it for me again. Boo

I didn’t expect the issue to be so wide spread when I created this thread but I can see it’s becoming normal for more than a hand full of users. It’s definitely concerning that the Watch is failing to reach 100% battery life at any given time but for no rhyme or reason. Currently, my watch is sitting at 96% and won’t go any higher unless I reboot it.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I know. Mine was fine for a week, now it sits between 96-97. I run the beta on it so I might have to wait till a GM release to get help with it.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Since I updated to watchOS 4.2.2, my watch fully charges to 100% and after 14 to 16 hours on my wrist, it’s still at 75%. ❤️