Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Does anyone notice that when you hide alerts in the Messages app, they still buzz your wrist on the Apple Watch? What is the point of hiding alerts on the phone if they still disturb you on the watch? I’m set to mirror the phone for Message notifications. Ahhhh. Driving me crazy.
    01-01-2018 05:56 PM
    It’s happened to me too the other day when I had my watch powered off for most of day and turned it back on but it settled down after an hour and the Alerts stopped altogether again.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 01-01-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    01-01-2018 06:02 PM
    I just tried it out today and it did not buzz my wrist at all.
    01-01-2018 06:03 PM
    Messages hidden alerts do not alert me on either my phone or my watch.
    01-01-2018 07:25 PM
    I just tried it out today and it did not buzz my wrist at all.
    Messages hidden alerts do not alert me on either my phone or my watch.
    I want to know what’s going on with mine then. It’s so irritating. My family likes to group text about EVERYTHING at all hours if the day. It’s drives me bonkers. Works fine on the phone but my wrist continues to buzz. If anyone can help me I’ll buy them lunch
    01-01-2018 08:26 PM
    I want to know what’s going on with mine then. It’s so irritating. My family likes to group text about EVERYTHING at all hours if the day. It’s drives me bonkers. Works fine on the phone but my wrist continues to buzz. If anyone can help me I’ll buy them lunch
    Hmm. I guess I’d try:

1. Restart the phone and the watch.
    2. Turn alerts back on and then back off for each conversation that you want to dnd and see if that changes anything.
    3. Delete the conversation completely and then turn off alerts again after you receive the first new message
    4. Nuclear option: unpair the watch, then pair it again.

One question: are the problem message threads SMS messages, iMessages, or does it not matter? (FYI, I have alerts off for two different groups, one of which is sms, one are all iMessages, and neither alerts me when new messages arrive. However, it’d be interesting to know if there is a pattern.)
    01-01-2018 08:58 PM
    In the Watch app on your iPhone set the notifications for messages to custom and toy around with it a little.
    Then restart the Watch.
    Then go to the Watch app and set it back to mirror.
    Then restart Watch.

See if problem still exists.

If I helped you, dm me for my PayPal info, so you can send me the lunch money.
    01-01-2018 08:59 PM
    What is the point of hiding alerts on the phone if they still disturb you on the watch?
    I haven't hidden any notifications so I don't know if I'd still get alerts or not. But I wouldn't mind if I still got a Tap even though messages were hidden. It would let me know that I have them/some and could check them at an opportune moment. My take is Apple is concerned with your messages being seen by unauthorized personnel, not that your peace is not to be disturbed. You could invoke DND for that.

That's not what you meant by 'hidden', is it? In that case I got nothin'. Which is what I had in the first place. LOL
    01-02-2018 05:21 AM
    Hmm. I guess I’d try:

1. Restart the phone and the watch.
    2. Turn alerts back on and then back off for each conversation that you want to dnd and see if that changes anything.
    3. Delete the conversation completely and then turn off alerts again after you receive the first new message
    4. Nuclear option: unpair the watch, then pair it again.

One question: are the problem message threads SMS messages, iMessages, or does it not matter? (FYI, I have alerts off for two different groups, one of which is sms, one are all iMessages, and neither alerts me when new messages arrive. However, it’d be interesting to know if there is a pattern.)
    I’ve tried the first two without success. I will delete the threads and see if that works. These are group SMS messages that I’m noticing it on.

I just hid alerts on my thread to my husband (he’s on an android device) and it worked as expected.
    01-04-2018 06:27 PM
    I’ve tried the first two without success. I will delete the threads and see if that works. These are group SMS messages that I’m noticing it on.

I just hid alerts on my thread to my husband (he’s on an android device) and it worked as expected.
    Old thread, but, is this still ok for you?

Because, guess what: it just started happening to me...
    03-25-2018 03:39 PM
    Old thread, but, is this still ok for you?

Because, guess what: it just started happening to me...
    Nope. If I delete the thread or toggle hide alerts it’ll work a few times but then it’ll randomly start buzzing me again. SUPER irritating .... esp when my family starts crazy texting in the middle of the work day.
    03-26-2018 07:58 AM
    Thanks and sorry. I'll post back if I figure anything out...
    03-26-2018 09:22 AM
    Thanks.
    03-27-2018 08:08 AM
    1. Unpairing and then pairing back to the phone as a new watch (rather than restoring from backup) did not work.

2. So far, deleting the group message thread, waiting for the first message, and then marking the group as hidden alerts is working - but it's only been a couple of hours. I'll try to remember to post back in a week.

This always worked for me on this one group thread until I upgraded to the X last week. That's when this problem started for me.
    03-27-2018 09:26 AM
    1. Unpairing and then pairing back to the phone as a new watch (rather than restoring from backup) did not work.

2. So far, deleting the group message thread, waiting for the first message, and then marking the group as hidden alerts is working - but it's only been a couple of hours. I'll try to remember to post back in a week.

This always worked for me on this one group thread until I upgraded to the X last week. That's when this problem started for me.
    You know, mine probably started with the X as well. Deleting the group message works for me for awhile but then always starts acting up again later.
    03-27-2018 02:09 PM