• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I always have my phone with me but I forgot it last night when we went out for dinner. At first I panicked – LOL – but then realized that I had my watch. When we got to the restaurant I checked my Watch and I had no cellular service.

I think it was because it couldn’t find any service but my phone always connects there. Is the cellular service on the Apple Watch series 3 hard to connect? Like I said I have always had my phone with me so I’ve never tried the cellular on my watch before. I’m thinking about canceling it since I don’t use it anyway. It was disappointing to say the least.
    12-30-2017 12:14 PM
    First, verify that your cellular plan is recognized via your Watch.

Watch App → About → Carrier
    Or
    Watch App → Cellular
    12-30-2017 12:23 PM
    First, verify that your cellular plan is recognized via your Watch.

Watch App → About → Carrier
    Or
    Watch App → Cellular
    Yes, it is recognized. I had an X at the top of my watch face which indicates that it has lost cellular connection. If that’s the case what good is having the Watch if it won’t connect to cellular?? I’m going to try again later today when I leave the house and see how it works in a different area. Keep your fingers crossed!. I took a screenshot of my Watch which shows it trying to connect but when I posted here it just shows a broken image. Which is another new issue for me! all my pictures have always shown up OK
    12-30-2017 01:00 PM
    Yes, it is recognized. I had an X at the top of my watch face which indicates that it has lost cellular connection. If that’s the case what good is having the Watch if it won’t connect to cellular?? I’m going to try again later today when I leave the house and see how it works in a different area. Keep your fingers crossed!. I took a screenshot of my Watch which shows it trying to connect but when I posted here it just shows a broken image. Which is another new issue for me! all my pictures have always shown up OK
    Oh okay. As for the broken image, it’s been an ongoing problem. One minute it’s fixed and the next it’s not.
    12-30-2017 02:25 PM
    I think it was because it couldn’t find any service but my phone always connects there. Is the cellular service on the Apple Watch series 3 hard to connect?
    Who is your carrier?

One issue is that Series 3 cellular watches with Verizon and Sprint cannot connect to 3G if there is no LTE service, while watches with T-Mobile and AT&T can connect to 3G.

I would guess the other issue would be cell strength within the restaurant. I don't know this for sure, but perhaps the watch's antenna is not as able to connect to a weak signal as an iPhone's antenna is.
    12-30-2017 03:13 PM
    Who is your carrier?
    Verizon
    12-30-2017 08:18 PM
    Verizon
    So, if there is no Verizon LTE but only 3G in the restaurant, that would be one reason.

I suppose the other thing I would verify is if cellular is turned on. Swipe up to open the control center and tap the cellular icon top left to make sure that it's on. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207578
    12-30-2017 09:52 PM
    Did it connect once you went outside? I've read that the reception inside of buildings with Verizon LTE on the watches is pretty bad.
    Last edited by felloffthetruck; 12-31-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    12-31-2017 07:49 AM