Cellular on my new watch

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I always have my phone with me but I forgot it last night when we went out for dinner. At first I panicked – LOL – but then realized that I had my watch. When we got to the restaurant I checked my Watch and I had no cellular service.

I think it was because it couldn’t find any service but my phone always connects there. Is the cellular service on the Apple Watch series 3 hard to connect? Like I said I have always had my phone with me so I’ve never tried the cellular on my watch before. I’m thinking about canceling it since I don’t use it anyway. It was disappointing to say the least.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First, verify that your cellular plan is recognized via your Watch.

Watch App → About → Carrier
Or
Watch App → Cellular

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
First, verify that your cellular plan is recognized via your Watch.

Watch App → About → Carrier
Or
Watch App → Cellular

Yes, it is recognized. I had an X at the top of my watch face which indicates that it has lost cellular connection. If that’s the case what good is having the Watch if it won’t connect to cellular?? I’m going to try again later today when I leave the house and see how it works in a different area. Keep your fingers crossed!. I took a screenshot of my Watch which shows it trying to connect but when I posted here it just shows a broken image. Which is another new issue for me! all my pictures have always shown up OK

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is recognized. I had an X at the top of my watch face which indicates that it has lost cellular connection. If that’s the case what good is having the Watch if it won’t connect to cellular?? I’m going to try again later today when I leave the house and see how it works in a different area. Keep your fingers crossed!. I took a screenshot of my Watch which shows it trying to connect but when I posted here it just shows a broken image. Which is another new issue for me! all my pictures have always shown up OK

Oh okay. As for the broken image, it’s been an ongoing problem. One minute it’s fixed and the next it’s not.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I think it was because it couldn’t find any service but my phone always connects there. Is the cellular service on the Apple Watch series 3 hard to connect?

Who is your carrier?

One issue is that Series 3 cellular watches with Verizon and Sprint cannot connect to 3G if there is no LTE service, while watches with T-Mobile and AT&T can connect to 3G.

I would guess the other issue would be cell strength within the restaurant. I don't know this for sure, but perhaps the watch's antenna is not as able to connect to a weak signal as an iPhone's antenna is.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Did it connect once you went outside? I've read that the reception inside of buildings with Verizon LTE on the watches is pretty bad.

Last edited: