I really like my Apple Watch, I feel like Apple needs to implement this sort of design for next one.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    12-14-2017 03:09 AM
    Dare I ask what the other watch is?
    12-14-2017 05:59 AM
    I was at the Apple store yesterday helping my boss pick an Apple watch for his wife for a Christmas present. I would definitely get and Apple watch if they made a diver or sport style watch. I have no love for the current style, but that's just me.
    12-14-2017 06:19 AM
    I wouldn’t mind an AW with a round design.
    12-14-2017 06:44 AM
    Dare I ask what the other watch is?
    This watch has traditional hands over touch screen. Battery life is pretty good.

https://www.mykronoz.com/us/en/smart...ime-elite.html
    anony_mouse likes this.
    12-14-2017 11:17 AM
    I've grown to like the square design. My first smartwatch was a Moto 360. The round face didn't make much sense for notifications and the like which is what I use my AW most for. I do think round watch faces look silly on the AW though. I prefer the digital looking ones.
    Jude526 and vpblaze like this.
    01-05-2018 09:45 AM
    I've grown to like the square design. My first smartwatch was a Moto 360. The round face didn't make much sense for notifications and the like which is what I use my AW most for. I do think round watch faces look silly on the AW though. I prefer the digital looking ones.
    Me too. I’ve grown to appreciate the design of the AW and I don’t see myself wearing a round AW
    Innerchild and Jude526 like this.
    01-05-2018 09:47 AM
    I really like my Apple Watch, I feel like Apple needs to implement this sort of design for next one.
    It won't happen with the next Watch or anytime soon. But I would like to see a round Watch added to the lineup.

However the rectangular watch is an iconic design representing an elevated sense of elegance and has been for years. Making a round Watch as an elegant statement is going to be tougher in my opinion. Apple will no doubt be accused of copying Samsung.

That skull watch face is a very good example of why Apple will likely never allow the unwashed masses to make Watch faces. I'd like to see them commission some designers to make some new ones, but I don't now that it would ever happen either. I'd love a round Apple Watch with that train station clock (that got Apple in a little warm water) as a watch face.

We can't even get a rectangular Watch face for a rectangular Watch!
    01-06-2018 07:52 AM
    My AW is the Series 3. My opinion is keep the square. It makes more sense for notifications. My first “smart” watch was the Samsung S2. And while it worked great for at the time the design of the AW is best in my personal opinion.
    firstborn80 and scruffypig like this.
    01-06-2018 11:26 AM
    The design, in my opinion, can remain the same. I prefer to have a larger variety of watch faces to choose from.
    Tartarus and firstborn80 like this.
    01-06-2018 11:46 AM
    We can't even get a rectangular Watch face for a rectangular Watch!
    Well, unless you buy Hermès.
    01-06-2018 12:49 PM
    Well, unless you buy Hermès.
    No, in context that still doesn't get us a rectangular Watch face. Out of context, sure, get an Hermès and get some rectangular Watch faces. For most of us, that's a different conversation.
    01-06-2018 06:16 PM
    My brother wasn’t a fan of the shape but wanted the watch. He likes it now. I had Samsung. Round. Like my S3 better
    01-10-2018 09:39 PM
    I would prefer the square design!
    Frehley likes this.
    01-10-2018 09:55 PM
    I also prefer the current design as it makes the most sense for notifications and besides...it's cool looking!
    Just_Me_D, Jude526 and TripleOne like this.
    01-15-2018 06:39 PM
    I prefer Apple Watch and really like the shape
    01-15-2018 07:05 PM
    I think the majority of users are content with the current design
    scruffypig likes this.
    01-16-2018 08:27 AM
    What’s the point of a rounded display for a computer screen?
    G1DRP and scruffypig like this.
    03-06-2018 05:09 PM
    I have an AW and a Samsung Gear S3. The design of the Apple Watch is both iconic and beautiful. My S3 never gets any wrist time.
    scruffypig and Jude526 like this.
    03-07-2018 04:06 AM
    Actually a watch with a round screen and hands over the screen is a good idea. The hands would always be visible so you could always see the time (unlike the current Apple Watch). The hands would not cover too much of the screen so would not be too annoying.

I have an idea to substantially improve this design but I won't post it on a public forum.
    03-07-2018 04:17 AM
    Actually a watch with a round screen and hands over the screen is a good idea. The hands would always be visible so you could always see the time (unlike the current Apple Watch). The hands would not cover too much of the screen so would not be too annoying.

I have an idea to substantially improve this design but I won't post it on a public forum.
    While I agree that a round watch is good for telling time, that's why clocks are mostly round, but smartwatches do so much more than just tell time. That's why I like the current design.
    03-13-2018 05:51 PM
    While I agree that a round watch is good for telling time, that's why clocks are mostly round, but smartwatches do so much more than just tell time. That's why I like the current design.
    For me, the biggest problem with the iWatch is that the screen is not always on (unlike most other smart watches) so you can't see the time without doing that weird wrist flick thing. Having a screen with physical hands over the panel solves this problem (assuming Apple are not able to make a screen that is efficient enough to be always on). A round face is not necessary for rotating hands, of course, but it allows their size to be optimised.
    03-23-2018 07:57 AM
    For me, the biggest problem with the iWatch is that the screen is not always on (unlike most other smart watches) so you can't see the time without doing that weird wrist flick thing. Having a screen with physical hands over the panel solves this problem (assuming Apple are not able to make a screen that is efficient enough to be always on). A round face is not necessary for rotating hands, of course, but it allows their size to be optimised.
    You can also turn the crown to make the screen visible. No wrist spinning needed.
    03-23-2018 08:31 AM
    I agree there needs to be a larger selection of watch faces and (dare I say it) customizable options, but I like the current design. When you see one you don't have to ask "Hey, what kind of watch is that?" because you already know it's an Apple Watch.
    03-23-2018 08:39 AM
    I’m hoping for a 46mm model.
    03-23-2018 12:02 PM
29 12