Should the next Watch implement this design?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Actually a watch with a round screen and hands over the screen is a good idea. The hands would always be visible so you could always see the time (unlike the current Apple Watch). The hands would not cover too much of the screen so would not be too annoying.

I have an idea to substantially improve this design but I won't post it on a public forum.

While I agree that a round watch is good for telling time, that's why clocks are mostly round, but smartwatches do so much more than just tell time. That's why I like the current design.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
While I agree that a round watch is good for telling time, that's why clocks are mostly round, but smartwatches do so much more than just tell time. That's why I like the current design.

For me, the biggest problem with the iWatch is that the screen is not always on (unlike most other smart watches) so you can't see the time without doing that weird wrist flick thing. Having a screen with physical hands over the panel solves this problem (assuming Apple are not able to make a screen that is efficient enough to be always on). A round face is not necessary for rotating hands, of course, but it allows their size to be optimised.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
For me, the biggest problem with the iWatch is that the screen is not always on (unlike most other smart watches) so you can't see the time without doing that weird wrist flick thing. Having a screen with physical hands over the panel solves this problem (assuming Apple are not able to make a screen that is efficient enough to be always on). A round face is not necessary for rotating hands, of course, but it allows their size to be optimised.

You can also turn the crown to make the screen visible. No wrist spinning needed.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I agree there needs to be a larger selection of watch faces and (dare I say it) customizable options, but I like the current design. When you see one you don't have to ask "Hey, what kind of watch is that?" because you already know it's an Apple Watch.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I do like the standard round watch design that has been around since clocks were invented, I don't mind the square AW design though they need to improve the display space and hopefully AW4 will address that.

Also I get tired of the same crappy AW faces. It's time to open this up to allow designers to create and make them for sale only so apple can take it's cut since that is likely the only way we would get them on the store. There is only 1 watch face that shows the cellular signal which is annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2