Series 3 watch battery life on LTE

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How many hours of use do you get when on LTE only....assuming no calls maybe a text or 2?

I don't have a S3 Cellular, but I can't imagine that this would be all that easy to measure. How often are people away from both their phone and WiFi to ensure that you have pure cellular connectivity? The watch will always try to connect by BT to the iPhone and to a known WiFi access point before using cellular.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Good point Doogald. For most folks, pure LTE will be limited to relatively short events such as a run.

jrdfox

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to 4.2 the battery life has gone down the toilet. Can get only 1 day vs 2 1/2 days before the update!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen anything major, as the LTE is not used till it's not connected to the watch. So mostly during the day I am good. Not surprised if I don't see much change as my day to day operations will not change much.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an active cellular plan but I haven't used it much. My watch is connected to my phone 95% of the time. The battery life is decent, but not quite as good as my series 1 was. Like I can get a full day out of my series 3. Sometimes I have been able to get a day and a half or two days but it just depends on how much a use the watch. My series 1 however, would last me two days no problem. So I just think it's the LTE that kinda drains the battery a bit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW