Music on Watch Series 3 Does Not Automatically Change to Next Song

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
I've done some searching and think my watch has a problem since I cannot find other reports of this issue. Playlists synced to my Series 3 watch do not automatically change to the next song. The first song will play but the next one never starts. I have to manually change to the next song. I've tried a variety of playlists, downloaded the songs again to no avail. The only thing I have not tried is formatting the watch and starting over since I do not want to lose my Activity history.

I had both OG and Series 2 watches but never listened to songs directly from the watch so, I don't know if I carried over this problem from an earlier Watch. With the Series 3, I like to run without my phone (which is awesome) but it's a hassle to manually change the songs, especially with gloves on. Previously, I always ran with my phone so l used that as the streaming source instead of the watch.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a suggestion?

TIA!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
You won’t lose any of your activity history if you unpair the watch and then re-pair without restoring from backup. Activity is synced to your iPhone; if you look at the Actvity app on the iPhone, that history will stay after the watch is set up again from scratch.

I don’t listen to music on my watch, so I can’t help with that, but did want to point out that you’re ok to reset and start over.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I had both OG and Series 2 watches but never listened to songs directly from the watch

I have some OGs and a S2 and have played music once on both types. I don't remember the iOS/wOS involved, but they did play as you'd expect a playlist to.

I don't have an S3 yet so I'm no help there.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, very helpful. An unpairing and restore from backup solved the problem. No loss of Activity data so I'm a happy camper (runner) now!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice