Ever since I updated my Series 3 to 4.1 none of my contact names are syncing on the watch. Text messages just come in as the number. I've turned both the watch and the phone off, still no change. Is anyone else having this problem? I never had it before 4.1 and don't know what the issue is but its really frustrating me.
    11-02-2017 12:43 PM
    Go to Settings > Contacts in the Watch app and disable ‘Mirror’.

Restart the watch and enable ‘Mirror’.
    donnation likes this.
    11-02-2017 01:10 PM
    Go to Settings > Contacts in the Watch app and disable ‘Mirror’.

Restart the watch and enable ‘Mirror’.
    Thank you! That was driving me crazy!!
    11-02-2017 02:17 PM
    Thank you! That was driving me crazy!!
    Oh, it worked?? Great. I wasn’t sure, but these kind of issues are mostly solved with disable / enable to trigger it.

I’m glad I could help.
    11-02-2017 05:04 PM
    Ever since I updated my Series 3 to 4.1 none of my contact names are syncing on the watch. Text messages just come in as the number. I've turned both the watch and the phone off, still no change. Is anyone else having this problem? I never had it before 4.1 and don't know what the issue is but its really frustrating me.
    This just happened to me as well and going to settings / contacts and disabling mirror, restarting the watch, and re-enabling mirror did not work for me.

What did work, in case this happens to anybody else, is to open the Watch app on the iPhone, go to General / Reset / Reset Sync Data, and wait a couple of minutes. This erases all contact and calendar data from the watch and re-syncs from the iPhone in one step. No restart of the phone is required.
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-03-2017 09:31 PM