I am so impressed! This morning at work I had to go to the back workroom (I work in the IT department at a college) and it is a long maze of locked doors from my desk that I have to go through to get to it.
    My phone was left on my desk and while in the workroom my watch started ringing. I was able to take the call with great clarity and no issues - and I was that far away from my phone.
    And this is the GPS only series 3. Love this thing!
    11-01-2017 10:01 AM
    One thing to note is that any Apple Watch will also connect to a known WiFi access point for connectivity if you are out of BT range of your phone. So, if you have WiFi at work, it's likely that you were making a WiFi call on the watch.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    11-01-2017 10:39 AM
    I bought a Series 3 GPS-only Apple Watch about 3 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with my purchase. My original series watch was fine except for the fact that I work in an office that does not allow camera phones, hence my iPhone resided in the lobby (40-50 feet from my desk) during work days. As a result, by 1 PM (on a good day) I would be down to 30% charge on my watch and would have to do a midday charge each day to allow me to use the watch into the evening. The Series 3 changed all that. The watch now connects with either the phone or the weak office wi-fi all day and I have not charged it at work at all. I usually leave with about 70% left on the watch and have 40-50% left at bedtime. On weekends, I can get 2 days worth from a charge. Needless to say, I too am impressed with the connection range on the Series 3 GPS!
    Westiemom likes this.
    11-01-2017 11:04 AM
    One thing to note is that any Apple Watch will also connect to a known WiFi access point for connectivity if you are out of BT range of your phone. So, if you have WiFi at work, it's likely that you were making a WiFi call on the watch.
    The indicator (red) on the watch face that shows when you are out of contact with your phone was not on. So I was still connected to the phone. And I don’t have WiFi calling turned on on my phone. You have to actively enable that in settings and I don’t have it enabled. If the non-cellular watch has the ability to connect a call via WiFi without the phone I’m even more impressed, but I don’t think so.
    11-01-2017 01:21 PM