How to use my watch as an alarm clock?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I just bought myself the new series 3 watch... after having lived without any watch for like 15 years.
(I always used my phone to look up the time, but over the last 3 months or so I've started to get annoyed needing to grab for my pocket and get out my iPhone every time)

- Anyway... can I use my watch as an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning?
(I always used my iPhone for this, but from now on I want to keep my iPhone plugged in to charge it night)

• Can someone explain to me exactly how to add a wake up alarm?
(I read about Nightstand, but I have no idea what it's about and if it's needed to make the alarm work)

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There is an alarm app (stock, not a third party app) on the watch, and from there you can set an alarm pretty easily. I use alarms rarely, and always wear my watch while sleeping, so this works great for me. I have my watch on silent but the haptics are easily enough to wake me. I've never used the watch for an alarm while it is charging myself, but I am sure it's fine.

Press the digital crown when looking at your watch face and look for the orange icon with two white bells that look like ears. (And, yes, it is stupidly confusing that there are three stock apps with orange icons with white circles on them.)

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I found out haptics CAN be muted, but only from within the Watch settings itself.
If you mute haptics from the iOS app, it will dismiss the change...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW