Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 Space Grey dents and scratches

anon(5274906)

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I posted this question on the 'Apple Support Communities', but Apple decided to remove it (justification below).

My apple watch came with two dents/scratches in the lining of the upper speaker opening. Apple chat support was very helpful at first and said the watch would be replaced. Then they sent me to the local Apple store in Basel. There I was told that there's 'no chance for a replacement', since the damage 'is just cosmetical'. After that, I contacted the Apple chat support again and they told me I should contact the seller, who told me I should contact apple. (I purchsed it in an online store in Switzerland - not directly at Apple; so I can't make use of the two weeks return policy.)

What are your experiences with the space grey watch? Did yours come with any dents or scratches?

photo_2017-10-22_21-00-39.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jürg (juerg.riehen),

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We’ve removed your post Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 Space Grey. For this issue, we suggest you contact our AppleCare support team: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

We hope you’ll keep using our Support Communities forums. You can find more information about participating here: Apple Support Communities - Tutorials

We’ve included a copy of your original post below.

Thanks,
Apple Support Communities Staff

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the space grey Apple Watch 3 and it arrived perfect and is still perfect 2 weeks later. Bought from my carrier (Verizon), not directly from Apple.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
This is why I spent the extra money on the stainless steel model. Love the extra weight, sapphire crystal screen and frame durability.

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
My take on this is that the Watch was damaged, and the original seller should replace it with a new one. The OP did contact the original seller (an online Swiss company) who passed the buck to Apple. It would seem appropriate, in this case, to pressure the original seller, perhaps elevating the pressure to the management level.

If this fails, then most online retailers have feedback and review options, and finally, there's always the option to publicize the problem on social media.

Personally, I'd be very disappointed with the defects shown in the picture, and I'm with the OP on this.

anon(5274906)

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The 'problem' with Apple is that many retailers like to pass the ball to the customer, as you can easily open a case on Apple's website with the serial number of your product. The retail store doesn't acknowledge the damage as a warranty case and says their hands are tied.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR