What sleep app do you use on your series 3 watch?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got Auto Sleep a few days ago on recommendations from this thread. It seems to work pretty well ... but all the stats are so confusing to read. Does anyone else feel that way? I’m used to Fitbit’s sleep tracking, which is simple and no nonsense. AutoSleep seems to have more date but presentation of said data could really use some work.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got Auto Sleep a few days ago on recommendations from this thread. It seems to work pretty well ... but all the stats are so confusing to read. Does anyone else feel that way? I’m used to Fitbit’s sleep tracking, which is simple and no nonsense. AutoSleep seems to have more date but presentation of said data could really use some work.

Yes. I used fitbit as well and it is much easier to read. That being said, I think I have adjusted and after spending time with the app I understand what it’s giving me. I still like the Fitbit presentation better though. I shouldn’t have to struggle to understand the data. I’m not sure why AutoSleep chooses to present the way they do.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven’t gotten it yet because I had to reset my phone last night. (iOS 11 was giving me some grief ).
It’s disappointing to hear it’s not as easy to use as FitBit’s. I have a FitBit I’ve used for the past couple of years before my watch.
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t gotten it yet because I had to reset my phone last night. (iOS 11 was giving me some grief ).
It’s disappointing to hear it’s not as easy to use as FitBit’s. I have a FitBit I’ve used for the past couple of years before my watch.
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Yea it’s too complicated. No one needs that much data. The app works well but the presentation of the data can really use an overhaul.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I used Sleep++, mainly because it was free. But I stopped using it because I really didn't know what to do with the data, how to use it to improve my sleep.

The fall back of booze, babes, and barbiturates is not relevant to my lifestyle, though one out of three has helped in the past.

iOS 11 has remained me that most apps are only as good as the vendor support. With way too many apps on my phone, going to 64-bit has proven a problem for a lot of developers, despite the very long lead time Apple gave them. So I'm glad I didn't buy a Sleep app. My luck would be to get the only one not updated for 11.

And Apple is culling your app collection once you move to 11, so some apps will be gone completely, because devs allowed them to die on the vine. But I think it'll be a good while before we see another such app pandemic.

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
The idea of monitoring my sleep is appealing, but the watch needs charging, and I do that every night. I guess I could wear the watch to sleep, and charge it during the day, but then I would not be monitoring my activities.

What are others doing about this situation?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The idea of monitoring my sleep is appealing, but the watch needs charging, and I do that every night. I guess I could wear the watch to sleep, and charge it during the day, but then I would not be monitoring my activities.

What are others doing about this situation?

I charge my watch before bed while I’m reading or getting ready for the next day. That 30-40 minutes gets me back to 100%. Then I top it off in the morning while I shower and get ready. I probably don’t need the morning top off but I do it since I’m taking the watch off anyway. The series 3 can easily get two days of use but if I do this routine then I never have to charge it for very long.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I also use Sleep++ but I also put my watch in Airplane Mode as not to completely kill the battery. Then I put it on the charger when I wake up and it's usually charged enough when I leave for work to get me through the day. I mainly use if just to see how restless I am during the night.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I also use Sleep++ but I also put my watch in Airplane Mode as not to completely kill the battery. Then I put it on the charger when I wake up and it's usually charged enough when I leave for work to get me through the day. I mainly use if just to see how restless I am during the night.

Have you experimented to see how much battery life you would use if you didn’t put it in airplane mode while using Sleep++? I use AutoSleep and at most I might lose 2% overnight. Most mornings I wake up with 99% left. Not that it hurts to use airplane mode. I’m just curious.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Have you experimented to see how much battery life you would use if you didn’t put it in airplane mode while using Sleep++? I use AutoSleep and at most I might lose 2% overnight. Most mornings I wake up with 99% left. Not that it hurts to use airplane mode. I’m just curious.

Probably not enough to matter, but I also get a lot of work notifications overnight and use airplane mode to keep my watch silent and keep it from vibrating.

sq018

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
AutoSleep and its companion HeartWatch. You don't need to tap anything before you go sleep. Everything is automatically tracked. Best app imo

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I charge my watch before bed while I’m reading or getting ready for the next day. That 30-40 minutes gets me back to 100%. Then I top it off in the morning while I shower and get ready. I probably don’t need the morning top off but I do it since I’m taking the watch off anyway. The series 3 can easily get two days of use but if I do this routine then I never have to charge it for very long.

This is exactly what I do. I also charge the watch after I run while I am eating breakfast if the charge is below 80% at the time.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Since the release of the original Watch I have been on a mission to find the best sleep tracking app and after testing almost ALL of them the hands down winner is AutoSleep. It works extremely well and I find it to be the most accurate.

IMG_8234.JPG

Here is last night. It picked up when I went to sleep and all the times I had to get up with the dogs.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
While I still have AutoSleep, I've started using Pillow. Yes, the disadvantage is you have to "start" it when you go to bed and turn it off when you get up. The reason I prefer it is that it actually shows when I went to bed, how long I was awake before falling asleep. Autosleep only shows when I fall asleep, it does not show when I went to bed or how long I was in bed before sleeping. Pillow also seems to do a better job of determining if I wake during the night. For example, I woke up for 15 minutes or so around 5:20 this morning, Pillow shows the period that I was awake but AutoSleep does not show that I woke up at all before getting up this morning.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods