Post your discoveries

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
One thing I had to get used to with Macs, iPhones, iPads, and now the Watch, is that you basically get no printed documentation to tell you what the device can do, and how to make it do it.

In a way, this is a better way to go than getting a 200 page book of instructions, which most would never read.

We are left to learn from doing, and from forums like this, and from those discoveries when we try something, and get a surprise.

My discovery yesterday, was the red flashlight screen. Never knew it was there. Just happened to swipe on the screen while the flashlight was active, and got first the flashing screen, then the red screen. Neat.

Maybe others can post their discoveries about Watch OS4 and the Watch Series 3 in this thread?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
In a way, this is a better way to go than getting a 200 page book of instructions, which most would never read.

Apple does have iOS manuals available online. I've downloaded several and never read any. DuckDuckGo is my friend. LOL

Chronoman said:
We are left to learn from doing, and from forums like this, and from those discoveries when we try something, and get a surprise.

Apple leaves a lot more than I'd like, undocumented. Features as Easter eggs is fun, but having to find out how you now do something is different this time, for some unknown reason, usually, can be tedious. Fortunately, there's your favorite browser.

Chronoman said:
My discovery yesterday, was the red flashlight screen.

I love that feature and use it a lot. I walk in the morning and evening, and using that as a beacon is very handy. I also use it in the middle of the night to find something without turning on any bright lights. It was Serenity Caldwell's mention of it though, that brought it to my attention.