Can't Send SMS Texts on Series 3 with ver 4.01

Gator5000e

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Since getting the series 3 (with LTE but not activated yet) I am unable to reply to SMS texts from my Android touting friends. I will reply to the text, which comes in fine on the watch, but after I reply, i will eventually get unable to send this message. The green line makes it about 95% of the way across the top of the watch with the word Sending above it. But it fails every time.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Gator5000e

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried the steps listed below and the one about stopping and restarting iMessage seemed to do the trick. After I did it the first time, I got that there was an error activating iMessage. So when I tried again, I got a message that iMessage was now registered (I forget if this was the exact word) with a new Apple Watch. I retried sending the SMS message and it went right through. So I posting this in case anyone else has this problem: Here are the steps:

It may help to follow these steps:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive:
Check that your iPhone number is selected for "Start New Conversations From".

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages:
Check that Send as SMS is enabled.

It may help to toggle the setting off and on again.

Turn off iMessage at the top of the screen, pause for a few moments and then re-enable it.
Check that your Apple Watch and iPhone are connected:
(This took two tries but it worked for me)

About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Gator5000e

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried the steps listed below and the one about stopping and restarting iMessage seemed to do the trick. After I did it the first time, I got that there was an error activating iMessage. So when I tried again, I got a message that iMessage was now registered (I forget if this was the exact word) with a new Apple Watch. I retried sending the SMS message and it went right through. So I posting this in case anyone else has this problem: Here are the steps:

It may help to follow these steps:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive:
Check that your iPhone number is selected for "Start New Conversations From".

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages:
Check that Send as SMS is enabled.

It may help to toggle the setting off and on again.

Turn off iMessage at the top of the screen, pause for a few moments and then re-enable it.
Check that your Apple Watch and iPhone are connected:
(This took two tries but it worked for me)

About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77