How do I fix Mickey/Minnie not speaking?

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
re:

I had to make sure my watch would hook up to the 2.4 GHz band of my WiFi router before it would connect without the iPhone being active with the watch. I did this by forcing the phone to go to 2.4 GHz, then doing something with the watch that required it to access the internet through the WiFi connection. After that, the Apple support instructions worked just fine.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

I’m not sure what’s going on. Seems like a hassle just to get a mouse to tell me the time. Lol. Mine is working now though after following these steps.

Here is a link to the Apple support steps to follow.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207194

I would like to turn this thread in to a Q&A thread for future use. That will entail a title change. (I'll make it appear as a question that gets answered "How do I get.... or How do I fix...") Anyways have we established the above quote as the answer? If so then I can get it changed and marked etc. :)

And hopefully we can help others with the same issue. :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

I would like to turn this thread in to a Q&A thread for future use. That will entail a title change. (I'll make it appear as a question that gets answered "How do I get.... or How do I fix...") Anyways have we established the above quote as the answer? If so then I can get it changed and marked etc. :)

And hopefully we can help others with the same issue. :)

Those steps definitely worked for me. It sounds like they did the trick for Jude526 as well.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Am glad we got it worked out.

Congratulations!
I had to make sure my watch would hook up to the 2.4 GHz band of my WiFi router before it would connect without the iPhone being active with the watch.

Thank you! I've had a problem with my Watches not being able to connect to my WiFi without the phone since ever!

After reading your post *just now* I realized I have two WiFi networks set up on my router— 5GHz and 2.4GHz. My phone was on the 5GHz network for years.

Switching to 2.4 allowed me to get my Watch (only tried one so far) to work without the phone for the first time ever, AND cleared up some problems with Siri talking to my Hue lights.

Siri does seem slower than normal though, but she's been slower with iOS 11. My 5s isn't handling 11 very well and that may also be slowing down my Watches (AWs and S2) some also.

But fixing my Hue lights and connecting the Watch without the phone are HUGE for me. MANY thanks!

dwolfett

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
Re:

4/2/2018 MY iWatch3 Minnnies Joyful Voice spoke a month ago and now the joy is gone. Mickey DOES speak. How does that happen?
I've done all the trouble shooting including turning the X and the iwatch off at the same time and restarting.
Bring her back online!