How do I fix Mickey/Minnie not speaking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Not speaking when tap.
Anyone else having this issue?
Settings are fine. It worked on my previous watch!

I wonder if it's only affecting the 3rd generation Apple Watch because tapping Mickey on my original series Apple Watch causes it to speak the current time.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

It's not affecting all Series 3 watches, I have no issue with Mickey or Minnie on my Series 3 GPS watch. The one suggestion, make sure the 'Tap to Speak Time' option is set on in 'Sounds & Haptics' in the Watch app on your phone. If nothing else, you can try turning that off and then later try switching it back on, see if that helps the voices download.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mickey/Minnie

I googled it. I did unpair and paired up. I did power it off. Still. No voice

Ok. I think I found the answer on Apple support. I had to select the Mickey Mouse watch face, have both my watch and iPhone in an area with WiFi and then wait. It took about a half hour but it finally worked. I guess the watch is downloading the language in the back ground or something. At least that’s the explanation in Apple support.

Oh and you can’t have silent mode on.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
re:

It's not affecting all Series 3 watches, I have no issue with Mickey or Minnie on my Series 3 GPS watch. The one suggestion, make sure the 'Tap to Speak Time' option is set on in 'Sounds & Haptics' in the Watch app on your phone. If nothing else, you can try turning that off and then later try switching it back on, see if that helps the voices download.

I tried that. No luck

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
re:

Do I put on charger after watch turned on. I put it on charger while turning on. Is that my mistake?
I am sure it’s on WiFi. There is a green lightening bolt icon

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2