How is battery life on the LTE version?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I am considering getting back with Apple after a brief break, need a new Apple Watch. My Series 2 always got 2 days of battery, can I count on that with the LTE version? I can't stand the aluminum watch so am going with SS and I guess they only make SS with LTE. If battery is bad I'll go with Series 2.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Battery life has been outstanding on the Series 3 LTE. I took it off the charger at 8:30am this morning, and now at 4:30Pm it is sitting at 90%. I can easily go two solid days with it before charging again.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been outstanding on the Series 3 LTE. I took it off the charger at 8:30am this morning, and now at 4:30Pm it is sitting at 90%. I can easily go two solid days with it before charging again.

38mm or 42mm?

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I should start off by saying that I'm an Apple Watch newbie. My first AW is the SS Series 3, picked up on Monday, October 2. My carrier (Telus) has not yet offered LTE, so I'm using the watch with my iPhone. I turned off the power-saving option for Workouts, activated Bluetooth for music listening, and use the phone from about 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM each day. And, I use the workout app a lot. The battery life under these conditions has been more than acceptable, usually at the end of the day, I've still got an indicated 50% battery life.

I will get the LTE activated as soon as the carrier offers it, and if I notice a significant change, will certainly report out.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just got my SS Space Black Series 3 earlier today. Charged completely, paired, then updated to 4.0.1. I'm really disappointed in battery life so far. Just sitting in my living room not even using my AW battery went down 25% in 2 hours or so. I expect the first couple days to be a little rough, but not that bad. I turned cellular completely off. Hopefully that'll help. I usually get really good battery life on my Series 1. I may need to reset and set up as new. I've never restored from backup on an AW before. That might have something to do with it. Also it may be fine after a couple charges.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I used my watch a bit differently than normal today so I thought I would report in again. 42mm, took off charger at 8:30am this morning. Was at the gym for a little over an hour, 30 minutes of that I was monitoring my heart rate almost constantly while on the bike, and was using the watch the entire time for music controls (skipping songs, volume control). A few minutes until noon and I am at 96%. I'd say those of you with battery issues should restore and setup as new, or contact apple for support, because from everything I am seeing you should have stellar batter life.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Thank you guys so much, I am leaning toward getting the LTE model now, even though I hate that dot. Might try and get it covered up with something. I get the SS model every time so that's what I'll get this time. Thanks again!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I love red so the dot is not an issue. I don’t know why it would be. It’s how they differentiate the cellular from non

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got the GPS only watch and battery life is great. I am able to go 2 full days and still have about 20% left at bedtime the second day. And I look at my watch a lot, responding to texts, playing music while I walk ( music saved to the watch) and monitoring heart rate and steps, etc.
My coworker however got the LTE version in stainless and she is going to return it. If she leaves cellular on the watch drains completely in an hour and that is without taking or making any calls. She is considering getting GPS only but she wanted the stainless and you can’t get it any other way. Of course you can deactivate with Verizon (her carrier) and not use the cellular, but she feels like that is a complete waste just to have the stainless.
I think she might have gotten a lemon and that could be the case.
But I’m loving mine and very happy I decided to keep it. It has motivated me to exercise again! I love closing those rings...

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My 38mm Nike Plus has been noticeably better than my series 2 Nike plus model. If I don’t use lte, I’ll have 50-60% at end of day, meaning it can probably get me through 2 days.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
My 38mm Nike Plus has been noticeably better than my series 2 Nike plus model. If I don’t use lte,

Obviously no manufacturer would want to sell LTE as a 'limited use because it drains your battery' feature. But I see LTE as a minimum use/emergency use feature. As such, I see value in LTE and the subscription.

I'm still waiting on mine.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
If battery is bad I'll go with Series 2.

Battery life will be bad if you use LTE much. Apple says 1hr of LTE talk time. Yikes! But if you avoid LTE or use it sparingly, you should have great battery life, much better than any previous Apple Watch.

Unfortunately, as you know, getting the Stainless means the full boat of features included LTE.4 But you don't have to inhale.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery life will be bad if you use LTE much. Apple says 1hr of LTE talk time. Yikes! But if you avoid LTE or use it sparingly, you should have great battery life, much better than any previous Apple Watch.

Unfortunately, as you know, getting the Stainless means the full boat of features included LTE.4 But you don't have to inhale.

This morning, I ran without my phone for about 50 min. I had headphones paired to my watch and was on lte and using gps the entire time ..... when I got home, my watch was down to 50% from about 96%.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I think I may be a typical AW user. I put it on around 630am, I wear it all day at work, take and make a ton of texts,work out 3 or 4 times a week for about an hour each time and I generally have about 70% left at about 10pm. I can get two full days, but still throw it on the charger every night.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner