I ordered from B&H Photo and got my watch yesterday. I got silver case with fog sport band in the small size and I don’t think I like it. I’m wishing I’d gone for the larger watch and a different color

Anyone else have the 38mm in silver? What are your thoughts.

This is my first Apple Watch. Oh, and it is series 3.
    09-30-2017 08:28 AM
    Join the club. I got the 38mm first gen, secondhand, last year.
    I did this because I wasn’t sure if the Watch was something I’d like or not.
    Boy, have I regret not having waited a little longer to get the Series 2 42mm.

This time around I will get the Series 3 42mm for sure.
    Westiemom likes this.
    09-30-2017 08:31 AM
    Join the club. I got the 38mm first gen, secondhand, last year.
    I did this because I wasn’t sure if the Watch was something I’d like or not.
    Boy, have I regret not having waited a little longer to get the Series 2 42mm.

This time around I will get the Series 3 42mm for sure.
    Thanks, I do think I’m going to send it back for an exchange. Still thinking on it but pretty sure.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-30-2017 08:41 AM
    Thanks, I do think I’m going to send it back for an exchange. Still thinking on it but pretty sure.
    Go for the 42mm. You’ll regret it when it’s too late if you don’t.
    ReVu30 and Westiemom like this.
    09-30-2017 09:06 AM
    If you have an Apple Store near you, take the Watch and proof of purchase with you to get it exchanged.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-30-2017 09:41 AM
    If you have an Apple Store near you, take the Watch and proof of purchase with you to get it exchanged.
    I didn’t buy it from them though. Ordered from B&H. I checked online to see if they would take an exchange when purchased elsewhere and from what I found it didn’t look like it.
    09-30-2017 09:51 AM
    I ordered from B&H Photo and got my watch yesterday. I got silver case with fog sport band in the small size and I don’t think I like it. I’m wishing I’d gone for the larger watch and a different color

I have a 38mm also.

I’ve always gotten the bigger version when it comes to watches (any brand).

I got the 38mm version of the Apple Watch last year because it was the only size available.

I actually grew to like the smaller version a lot more. I like having the smaller form factor, doesn’t stick out as much, fits better while wearing long sleeve shirts.

I bought the series 3 in a 38mm also.
    09-30-2017 12:56 PM
    09-30-2017 02:29 PM
    Return it to B&H and buy a different one.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/cart_return.jsp
    Yes I will have to do that. It would avoid shipping it back if I could exchange locally.

I buy fairly often from B&H because they’re fast, no tax ( for where I am) and no shipping cost. I felt sure this was the watch I wanted until I actually wore it on my wrist. But I’m sure B&H will be good to work with on an exchange.
    09-30-2017 02:34 PM
    If you find it too small, then you should definitely get the 42mm. Bigger display and better battery life is worth it
    ReVu30 and Westiemom like this.
    09-30-2017 06:03 PM
    First congrats on your new Apple Watch Series 3! If you're having doubts about the smaller size then definitely go with the larger display.
    Westiemom likes this.
    09-30-2017 08:27 PM
    I didn’t buy it from them though. Ordered from B&H. I checked online to see if they would take an exchange when purchased elsewhere and from what I found it didn’t look like it.

Is the 'they' the Apple Stores? I'm awaiting my Watch (from B&H also, Silver 42mm S3C) and then decided to try exchanging it at my Apple Store for a Nike+. It looks like that option is only available for Watches purchased online from Apple.

It's a little disappointing (in that they would accept the Watch for warranty work) but I initially chose the S3C and thought about 'upgrading' well after I ordered it.

Unfortunately, B&H doesn't sell the Nike version.
    10-01-2017 12:24 PM
    Is the 'they' the Apple Stores? I'm awaiting my Watch (from B&H also, Silver 42mm S3C) and then decided to try exchanging it at my Apple Store for a Nike+. It looks like that option is only available for Watches purchased online from Apple.

It's a little disappointing (in that they would accept the Watch for warranty work) but I initially chose the S3C and thought about 'upgrading' well after I ordered it.

Unfortunately, B&H doesn't sell the Nike version.
    Yes, “they” is the Apple store. I also called the one closest to me to be sure and they said no.

B&H sent me an RMA today but I’ve decided to keep it. I’ve talked it out all weekend with family etc. and I came to the conclusion it’s really the light gray (fog) band I’m not liking. I also put it on my right wrist (even though I’m right handed) instead of my left and I like it there much better. For some reason it’s more comfortable and easier for me to use the buttons. (I switched the crown position to the left side of the case too. )

Ordered 2 bands from Amazon and I think I’m good.

Thanks for letting me think this out on the forum. It helps. Hoping I don’t regret it - I might. Sigh.....
    10-01-2017 01:36 PM
    I have a 38mm also.

I’ve always gotten the bigger version when it comes to watches (any brand).

I got the 38mm version of the Apple Watch last year because it was the only size available.

I actually grew to like the smaller version a lot more. I like having the smaller form factor, doesn’t stick out as much, fits better while wearing long sleeve shirts.

I bought the series 3 in a 38mm also.
    Thanks, hoping I’ll be glad I kept it.
    10-01-2017 03:03 PM
    There are three basic factors in selecting Watch size:

1) legibility— the 42mm's bigger display allows for slightly larger text and in many cases more text to be display. Your visual acuity may play a big part here.

2) larger battery— longer run time

3) Aesthetics— how you like the way it looks on your wrist

One or more of these may determine what you want and/or what works best. I'm not a fan of the Fog band myself, and a band you really like could make all the difference.
    Westiemom and AppleKarma like this.
    10-01-2017 03:31 PM
    I have very small wrists so the 38 mm is perfect for me. I have a wardrobe of bands. Just went from Series 2 to Series3 cellular. So far so good.
    AppleKarma and Westiemom like this.
    10-01-2017 08:20 PM
    Thanks, hoping I’ll be glad I kept it.
    No problem.

Battery life has been awesome.

Stepping down in screen size has not been an issue at all.

I think it feels less “top heavy” also.
    AppleKarma and Westiemom like this.
    10-01-2017 08:22 PM
    I have very small wrists so the 38 mm is perfect for me. I have a wardrobe of bands. Just went from Series 2 to Series3 cellular. So far so good.
    I’m a 6ft 200 lb male and I still like the 38mm more lol.
    Westiemom and Jude526 like this.
    10-01-2017 08:27 PM
    It’s all in how u like the look. If in doubt always good if can to go to a store and try it on. It’s your hard earned money
    Get what u want and love it!
    10-01-2017 08:32 PM
    It’s all in how u like the look. If in doubt always good if can to go to a store and try it on. It’s your hard earned money
    Get what u want and love it!
    Very true!
    I prefer the 42mm myself.
    Westiemom and Jude526 like this.
    10-01-2017 09:39 PM
    I initially got the 42mm, but ended up downsizing to the 38mm because of my smaller wrists. But to each their own.
    Westiemom likes this.
    10-01-2017 09:52 PM

what is your wrist size?
    10-21-2017 10:48 PM
    what is your wrist size?
    Just under 7” circumference.
    tdelfie03 likes this.
    10-22-2017 09:16 AM
    Just under 7” circumference.
    My wrist is 6.25 and the 42mm fits me just fine.
    Got the 38mm GPS only and think I should have gone larger.-img_0385.heic.jpg
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-22-2017 04:37 PM
    My wrist is 6.25 and the 42mm fits me just fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0385.HEIC.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	120025
    Okay, that’s great.
    10-22-2017 04:45 PM
34 12