I activated the cellular option via the my watch app on my phone. Just happened to look at My Verizon app and saw that a device was added with a different phone number! Is that right?

I have not yet been away from my phone so I don’t even know if this works yet or not.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-25-2017 02:59 PM
    Yes, it is technically another line of service so it will receive its own number. On the backend there is the number share with your phone line. Mine shows the same.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-25-2017 03:11 PM
    Yes, it is technically another line of service so it will receive its own number. On the backend there is the number share with your phone line. Mine shows the same.
    OK, thanks!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-25-2017 03:16 PM
    Turn iPhone off and call your number.
    Tartarus and Lee_Bo like this.
    09-25-2017 03:44 PM
    VERIZON told me that when I called. It’s all good
    edswife1970 and Lee_Bo like this.
    09-25-2017 04:06 PM
    What happens if you called the “assigned” AW number?
    09-25-2017 07:01 PM
    Yep! My iPad Pro has its own phone number too. The Verizon store told me that it’s not actually a working voice number but they need it to establish service to the SIM card in the device.
    09-25-2017 07:44 PM
    Yep! My iPad Pro has its own phone number too. The Verizon store told me that it’s not actually a working voice number but they need it to establish service to the SIM card in the device.
    Same concept as the aw! I hate having customers come in because there's a number they don't recognize on their bill just to do the research to find it's a tablet.
    Rob Phillips and Lee_Bo like this.
    09-26-2017 12:27 PM
    I hate having customers come in because there's a number they don't recognize on their bill just to do the research to find it's a tablet.
    You can mitigate that feeling by realizing how much better the customer feels knowing that they haven't been hacked or some odd juju, and that it was a pretty easy customer care situation, and at the customer may not have even realized how much you hated doing it.

Win-win-win.
    jpgti likes this.
    09-26-2017 01:07 PM
    Same concept as the aw! I hate having customers come in because there's a number they don't recognize on their bill just to do the research to find it's a tablet.
    With all the identity theft and fraud all over the place, I don't blame people for wanting to verify things on their account and/or bill.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-26-2017 01:12 PM
    With all the identity theft and fraud all over the place, I don't blame people for wanting to verify things on their account and/or bill.
    Then they can call customer service instead of wasting our time in store, or they could have actually read the Customer Service Summery when they activated their tablet before they signed.
    09-26-2017 01:32 PM
    Then they can call customer service instead of wasting our time in store, or they could have actually read the customer service summery when they activated their tablet before they signed.
    Valid point on the reading the agreement they signed/before they sign, but still. You can't blame people for being cautious.
    09-26-2017 01:36 PM
    You can mitigate that feeling by realizing how much better the customer feels knowing that they haven't been hacked or some odd juju, and that it was a pretty easy customer care situation, and at the customer may not have even realized how much you hated doing it.

Win-win-win.
    Not really as they're tying us up in store instead of calling customer service. It's not our job to handle billing or fix mistakes made from other locations. My employees make it known that the tablet, hotspot or wearable will show another phone number. Some stores don't, however it is the customers responsibility to read the Customer Service Summery prior to signing. The CSS states what changes are being made and it'll identify the new number as a new number. It's not easy as you claim because then they want the number taken off or want to complain. The majority of these people didn't activate in my store so I tell them to go where they activated it and have them explain it better.
    We have quotas to make, and one of the metrics isn't billing explanation.
    09-26-2017 01:38 PM
    Valid point on the reading the agreement they signed/before they sign, but still. You can't blame people for being cautious.
    This is true but if they retained their Cistomer Service Summery and compared it to the bill then they'd see that the new number is for their tablet/wearable/hotspot.
    Luckily my employees explain it to the customer and reiterate it at the end of the sale.
    Sadly it'll only get worse with the new aw.
    09-26-2017 01:39 PM
    You’d be out of a job if those people didn’t come to your store from time to time.
    They’d say you’re rude, unfriendly or whatnot and take their business elsewhere.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-26-2017 01:42 PM
    I activated the cellular option via the my watch app on my phone. Just happened to look at My Verizon app and saw that a device was added with a different phone number! Is that right?

I have not yet been away from my phone so I don’t even know if this works yet or not.
    Yep. That’s normal. My iPad Pro cellular model is also assigned a phone number via Verizon.
    09-27-2017 12:02 PM
    Cleaned up some off-topic posts. Let's keep this on topic versus veering off into a battle of Morales / what you should and shouldn't do at a retail store. That wasn't the point of the thread .

Thanks!
    Tartarus, ladyc0524 and Lee_Bo like this.
    09-27-2017 02:20 PM
    I am a manager and good customer service should be priory regardless where originally purchased. Engaging that customer. Being NICE to them will do what? Let me tell you. It can BRING you future customers. They will tell their family and friends about how someone went the extra mile for them

Having the attitude that they are not your customer is negative. They don’t know the difference. VERIZON is Verizon. Sprint is sprint. Etc. Be kind. Give customer service
    09-28-2017 10:28 PM
    Happened with my T-Mobile plan as well.

I was under the impression that they being Apple, would have the same number.

I thought that if your phone was off of out reach , the call would automatically go to your watch.

This doesn’t seem to be the case though.
    09-30-2017 12:59 PM
    Happened with my T-Mobile plan as well.

I was under the impression that they being Apple, would have the same number.

I thought that if your phone was off of out reach , the call would automatically go to your watch.

This doesn’t seem to be the case though.
    It's technologically impossible from a network perspective to have the same phone number assigned to two active lines hence the different number assigned to the watch.
    So is it like message forwarding in that the iPhone must be turned on for phone calls to come to the watch? Will FaceTime still go to the watch with the phone turned off?
    09-30-2017 08:14 PM
    It's technologically impossible from a network perspective to have the same phone number assigned to two active lines hence the different number assigned to the watch.
    So is it like message forwarding in that the iPhone must be turned on for phone calls to come to the watch? Will FaceTime still go to the watch with the phone turned off?
    I’m fairly new to the Apple ecosystem.

I thought that’s what “Continuity” was all about?

I’m really hesitant to enable call forwarding, I had a Samsung gear watch that I had to do that with.

It was a nightmare that somehow ended up screwing up the watch.
    10-01-2017 06:37 AM
    The phone number assigned to the watch is a dormant number. It’s for the carrier to assign data allocation to the watch. Calling the assigned number to the watch will do nothing.

If you have enabled FaceTime on the LTE enabled Watch, you will receive FaceTime and FaceTime Audio on that watch even if the iPhone is turned off or not in the same place as the Watch.

Continuity is something else. It allows to start something on the  Watch and finish it on the iPhone. The other way around is as far as I know not yet possible though.

I hope this clears it up for you.
    AllanRosen likes this.
    10-01-2017 06:59 AM

I’m really hesitant to enable call forwarding, I had a Samsung gear watch that I had to do that with.

I have been using call forwarding for a year now and have yet to experience any issues with it.
    I accept a phone call on the watch and continue talking on my phone a lot and it works like a charm.
    10-01-2017 07:03 AM

I was under that impression as well but after reading your post it has me rethinking picking up a Series 3.
    Will enabling call forwarding do anything different?
    10-01-2017 07:10 AM
    The phone number assigned to the watch is a dormant number. It’s for the carrier to assign data allocation to the watch. Calling the assigned number to the watch will do nothing.

If you have enabled FaceTime on the LTE enabled Watch, you will receive FaceTime and FaceTime Audio on that watch even if the iPhone is turned off or not in the same place as the Watch.

Continuity is something else. It allows to start something on the  Watch and finish it on the iPhone. The other way around is as far as I know not yet possible though.

I hope this clears it up for you.
    I think it does, thanks!
    10-01-2017 07:11 AM
51 123