Returning back to Apple - Should I get the 3 or the 2?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Still, I charge mine every night as I use the night stand mode for alarm.

My usage for today - At 0700hrs turned off the charger for my watch, at 100%. Wore to work and as usual listened to Spotify and used the watch to control music (total over an hr), similarly for TuneIn Radio Pro at work (around 2+hrs), did miscellaneous stuffs such as checking heart rate, Pokemon Go, Carrot Weather, XE Currency Pro, messages and two short phone calls.

Got home around 1815hrs and removed watch after cleaning it and sitting on table. Now at 2200hrs, battery still has 47%.

Awesome!
I charge mine overnight too and I use it for nightstand mode as well

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Awesome!
I charge mine overnight too and I use it for nightstand mode as well

I use it as my main alarm clock, unless I decided if the next day I'm not going to wear my Apple Watch which is very hard.

Now there's the Series 3, will see if there's a need to upgrade to Series 4 though. I hope Apple will retain the current design as it's so cool!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I use it as my main alarm clock, unless I decided if the next day I'm not going to wear my Apple Watch which is very hard.

Now there's the Series 3, will see if there's a need to upgrade to Series 4 though. I hope Apple will retain the current design as it's so cool!

I sure hope they do too!

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Long story short, left Apple back in May for the S8+ and now am returning back to Apple. Unfortunately, I sold my old watch so, I have to purchase another.

When I left Apple, I had the Space Black Apple watch Series 2. Best Buy has the Series 2 watch for $100 less than the Series 3, Space Black.

I had a Galaxy Gear with LTE awhile back and while it was somewhat useful, I never really strayed from the device. The altimeter does not seem to do much for me either.

So, other than the LTE and altimeter, is there any significant improvements that warrant the additional $100?

It really depends if you are going to use the LTE radio or not.

The series 3 is faster, but not enough for the upgrade alone.

LTE is useful if you forget your phone ( but really how often does that happen?).

Being able to stream Apple Music directly to your watch is a big selling point for me.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It really depends if you are going to use the LTE radio or not.

The series 3 is faster, but not enough for the upgrade alone.

LTE is useful if you forget your phone ( but really how often does that happen?).

Being able to stream Apple Music directly to your watch is a big selling point for me.

The price difference between the 2 now is $250 including tax so it’s harder to justify. I don’t really see the value for LTE unless I take my dogs for a walk and want to leave my phone at home which I never really do to begin with. So the difference comes down to the red dot and processing power which I don’t think warrants the $250 difference. When it was $100 it was an easier decision. Now that Best Buy has discounted it, the decision is easier.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The price difference between the 2 now is $250 including tax so it’s harder to justify. I don’t really see the value for LTE unless I take my dogs for a walk and want to leave my phone at home which I never really do to begin with. So the difference comes down to the red dot and processing power which I don’t think warrants the $250 difference. When it was $100 it was an easier decision. Now that Best Buy has discounted it, the decision is easier.

I'm curious, which version of the watch are you wanting? From the price difference, I'm guessing you are wanting the Stainless Steel? If that is the case, the Series 2 likely is the better option. OTOH, for the aluminum version there is a GPS only version of the Series 3 that is only about $60 different than the Series 2, and the Series 3 seems more compelling to me at that price point.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious, which version of the watch are you wanting? From the price difference, I'm guessing you are wanting the Stainless Steel? If that is the case, the Series 2 likely is the better option. OTOH, for the aluminum version there is a GPS only version of the Series 3 that is only about $60 different than the Series 2, and the Series 3 seems more compelling to me at that price point.

For me it’s the stainless steel option. I had the sport version in the past but like the stainless steel better.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

Another difference is that the LTE version has 16 gigs of storage versus the non LTE which has 8 gigs.

The series 2 has 2 gigs reserved for music with is pretty tiny.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2