It really depends if you are going to use the LTE radio or not.

The series 3 is faster, but not enough for the upgrade alone.

LTE is useful if you forget your phone ( but really how often does that happen?).

Being able to stream Apple Music directly to your watch is a big selling point for me.
    The price difference between the 2 now is $250 including tax so it’s harder to justify. I don’t really see the value for LTE unless I take my dogs for a walk and want to leave my phone at home which I never really do to begin with. So the difference comes down to the red dot and processing power which I don’t think warrants the $250 difference. When it was $100 it was an easier decision. Now that Best Buy has discounted it, the decision is easier.
    10-04-2017 11:23 AM
    The price difference between the 2 now is $250 including tax so it’s harder to justify. I don’t really see the value for LTE unless I take my dogs for a walk and want to leave my phone at home which I never really do to begin with. So the difference comes down to the red dot and processing power which I don’t think warrants the $250 difference. When it was $100 it was an easier decision. Now that Best Buy has discounted it, the decision is easier.
    I'm curious, which version of the watch are you wanting? From the price difference, I'm guessing you are wanting the Stainless Steel? If that is the case, the Series 2 likely is the better option. OTOH, for the aluminum version there is a GPS only version of the Series 3 that is only about $60 different than the Series 2, and the Series 3 seems more compelling to me at that price point.
    10-04-2017 02:03 PM
    I'm curious, which version of the watch are you wanting? From the price difference, I'm guessing you are wanting the Stainless Steel? If that is the case, the Series 2 likely is the better option. OTOH, for the aluminum version there is a GPS only version of the Series 3 that is only about $60 different than the Series 2, and the Series 3 seems more compelling to me at that price point.
    For me it’s the stainless steel option. I had the sport version in the past but like the stainless steel better.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-04-2017 02:14 PM
    Another difference is that the LTE version has 16 gigs of storage versus the non LTE which has 8 gigs.

The series 2 has 2 gigs reserved for music with is pretty tiny.
    10-04-2017 02:57 PM
    The design is simply timeless! Its rectangular screen makes it a lot easier to read text.
    Oh yeah!
    10-04-2017 05:04 PM
30 12