So I just got Series 3 today and replaced my Series 0. The difference in fluidity is absolutely staggering. I didn’t feel like the Series 0 was unbearably slow or anything, even on watchOS 4, but the Series 3 makes it seem ancient in comparison. Like an iPhone 3GS against an iPhone 8. I haven’t activated LTE yet, just wanted to share my very first impression from switching. If you have a Series 0, the Series 3 is a serious upgrade.
    09-22-2017 03:37 PM
    So I just got Series 3 today and replaced my Series 0. The difference in fluidity is absolutely staggering. I didn’t feel like the Series 0 was unbearably slow or anything, even on watchOS 4, but the Series 3 makes it seem ancient in comparison. Like an iPhone 3GS against an iPhone 8. I haven’t activated LTE yet, just wanted to share my very first impression from switching. If you have a Series 0, the Series 3 is a serious upgrade.
    Nice! Now I’m curious to see the difference between the S2 / S3
    John Yester and AppleKarma like this.
    09-22-2017 03:39 PM
    Nice I don’t have any of them. I got a Galaxy Gear S2 from when I still had a Note 5 but my Samsung days are over! I’m back to iPhone and sticking with it.
    09-22-2017 03:42 PM
    Same here. I've got AWs and an S2. I've got a few days for mine to show up yet.
    RECON1 likes this.
    09-22-2017 04:26 PM
    [Speculation]Since I don't see a huge difference between S0 and S2 speed, I'm guessing the S3 will be noticeably faster than the S2.[/Speculation]
    09-22-2017 04:51 PM
    I just watched a video on youtube (after read your post here) and yes, it very faster.
    Did you get the LTE version?
    The version WITHOUT LTE can make calls with the iPhone connected?
    09-22-2017 06:48 PM
    Same here.
    Frehley likes this.
    09-22-2017 06:49 PM
    I just watched a video on youtube (after read your post here) and yes, it very faster.
    Did you get the LTE version?
    The version WITHOUT LTE can make calls with the iPhone connected?
    I did get the LTE version, I just don’t have it activated yet. And yes, as long as any Apple Watch is connected to its iPhone it can make and receive calls.
    fabio984 likes this.
    09-22-2017 06:51 PM
    That’s good to hear!
    I’ve seen speed comparison videos and the Series 3 seemed very fast.
    09-22-2017 07:20 PM
    I picked up my Series 3 with LTE and have made several calls using the watch. People have said that I sounded clearer than on the iPhone...both resting on my desk. Works great...although the volume could be a little louder.

The speed of the watch is awesome!
    nikkisharif and ksassy like this.
    09-22-2017 08:35 PM
    I was wondering if the newer Watch was noticeably faster than my current original series model. Thank you....🤣
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-22-2017 09:40 PM
    I picked up my Series 3 with LTE and have made several calls using the watch. People have said that I sounded clearer than on the iPhone...both resting on my desk. Works great...although the volume could be a little louder.

The speed of the watch is awesome!
    Wow!
    I can’t wait to test it out myself.
    09-22-2017 11:40 PM
    I was wondering if the newer Watch was noticeably faster than my current original series model. Thank you....🤣
    Yeah, the UI fluidity is definitely noticeable.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-23-2017 02:16 AM
    Thanks for this thread.
    I was also wondering this.

Now I can’t wait to get my series 3.
    Just_Me_D and Frehley like this.
    09-23-2017 04:48 AM
    Just came from a zero to 3 yesterday and it’s not even close. The zero is like a turtle vs a cheetah compared to the 3 and Siri talk back is really awesome.
    Frehley and Tartarus like this.
    09-23-2017 09:07 AM
    Just came from a zero to 3 yesterday and it’s not even close. The zero is like a turtle vs a cheetah compared to the 3 and Siri talk back is really awesome.
    About Siri… is she supposed to actually talk out loud? All I get are words on the screen.
    09-23-2017 09:48 AM
    About Siri… is she supposed to actually talk out loud? All I get are words on the screen.
    Maybe it’s a setting in the Watch app.
    09-23-2017 09:55 AM
    Maybe it’s a setting in the Watch app.
    I’ve looked and I can’t find Siri anywhere in the watch app on my phone. What am I missing??
    09-23-2017 09:57 AM
    I’ve looked and I can’t find Siri anywhere in the watch app on my phone. What am I missing??
    No idea, as I don’t have the series 3 yet.
    Hopefully someone who does help you out soon.
    09-23-2017 10:15 AM
    No idea, as I don’t have the series 3 yet.
    Hopefully someone who does help you out soon.
    I don’t know what I did but now it works! Siri talks back just like on the phone. Yay
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-23-2017 10:53 AM
    Does the Micky Watch face speak ?
    09-23-2017 11:53 AM
    Does the Micky Watch face speak ?
    Mickey and Minnie will if you double tap them!
    09-23-2017 11:58 AM
    Mickey and Minnie will if you double tap them!
    My serie3 need only one tap...
    chefjayhawk and Jude526 like this.
    09-23-2017 12:00 PM
    My serie3 need only one tap...
    I thought my AWs and S2 only need one tap as well, but it's been awhile since I used Mickey.

There are a lot of times that I wish Siri would remain silent. One thing I like about Alexa is that she either responds with the action dictated or just says 'ok'. Often Siri seems a little chatty. I'd prefer Siri not to talk at all on the Watch. Hope that's optional.
    09-23-2017 02:56 PM
    Day 2 Update/Impression: Wooooooow....battery life on Series 3 is so incredibly superior to Series 0 it’s unreal. 10 hours off the charger essentially and my S0 would be about 60% already, at least, and my S3 is at 90%.
    AppleKarma, zachpenguin and ksassy like this.
    09-23-2017 10:03 PM
38 12