How do you deactivate it ? Is it a simple toggle in the setting ?
    When setting up the Watch for the very first time, you can skip the step to setup cellular.

If you’ve already set it up, you can simply turn it off in the Control Center or via Settings on your Watch.
    09-23-2017 06:54 PM
    f you’ve already set it up, you can simply turn it off in the Control Center or via Settings on your Watch.
    To me, the question would not be: How do you turn off the cellular radios on the watch?

But: How do you turn off the service and stop the carrier from charging you $10/month for the service? In other words, how do you deactivate the service, not the cellular radios? Is there something in the watch app on the iPhone that does this, or do you contact the carrier?
    09-23-2017 07:21 PM
    To me, the question would not be: How do you turn off the cellular radios on the watch?

But: How do you turn off the service and stop the carrier from charging you $10/month for the service? In other words, how do you deactivate the service, not the cellular radios? Is there something in the watch app on the iPhone that does this, or do you contact the carrier?
    I’m not sure, you might have to contact your carrier.
    09-23-2017 07:32 PM

You won’t be able to end an agreement you have with your wireless carrier using your phone. You’ll have to contact your carrier to have the service removed.
    09-23-2017 07:58 PM
    How do you deactivate it ? Is it a simple toggle in the setting ?
    Don't know anything about that, but I did read that att will charge a re-activation fee ($25), so I think it will be a rare use case where toggling on/off (or however it's done) will be cost effective.

There is a promotional period where att will activate LTE for free and give three months free service. This seems to be the case for all the Big Carriers. Outside of the promo fee, they say they won't waive it. They might be sweet talked though.
    09-25-2017 12:57 PM
    Yes. This^
    Wanted stainless, only available with LTE. Noy using it. Works like my Series 0- except WAY faster,!smoother, with better battery. No immediate plans to activate LTE.
    09-25-2017 02:05 PM
    Hi, I just wanted to know if the Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, will only work in the country of purchase? if I bought one in the US and wanted to use it in another country, would that be possible? Help please... 🤔
    09-27-2017 08:21 AM
    Hi, I just wanted to know if the Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, will only work in the country of purchase? if I bought one in the US and wanted to use it in another country, would that be possible? Help please...
    It’s reported by various media that it won’t be possible to use an Apple Watch from any country in another country.
    09-27-2017 08:27 AM
    Yes! I saw that. but when I spoke to an Apple agent in Tech support they said it would work. so I'm wondering if there's any way to know which one is true.
    It’s reported by various media that it won’t be possible to use an Apple Watch from any country in another country.
    09-27-2017 08:34 AM
    Yes! I saw that. but when I spoke to an Apple agent in Tech support they said it would work. so I'm wondering if there's any way to know which one is true.
    Always assume the worst.
    But since you already bought yours, hope for the best.
    09-27-2017 08:49 AM
    Yes. Here is a chart of the various cellular models and where they work: https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

For example, Model A1860 and A1861 work in the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico. You can tell which model you have in Settings / About. I believe that it is also on the box. It doesn't seem to be stamped on the back of the watch, though.
    09-27-2017 08:54 AM
    Always assume the worst.
    But since you already bought yours, hope for the best.

Thanks!! haven't bought mine yet still trying to find out coz I realllllly want to buy one in the US.
    09-27-2017 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the read. I too am considering getting the LTE model but not activate on LTE and use Bluetooth / wifi only. I may use LTE in the future but don't want / need it right now. I guess I just want the 16 gigs of space.
    01-31-2018 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the read. I too am considering getting the LTE model but not activate on LTE and use Bluetooth / wifi only. I may use LTE in the future but don't want / need it right now. I guess I just want the 16 gigs of space.
    I purchased my Series 3 Watch (cellular model) because I wanted the explorer watch face and red dot and you can only get them with the cellular model. Having said that, I have not activated its cellular capability. Maybe I will in the near future, but as of now, I don’t need it.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-31-2018 05:39 PM
    I purchased my Series 3 Watch (cellular model) because I wanted the explorer watch face and red dot and you can only get them with the cellular model. Having said that, I have not activated its cellular capability. Maybe I will in the near future, but as of now, I don’t need it.
    Excellent, thanks.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-31-2018 05:42 PM
    Excellent, thanks.
    You’re very welcome, sir.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-31-2018 06:14 PM
    I bought the lie version for the sapphire backing and 16gb or storage. I like keeping music on my watch for the gym and I don't use LTE but its nice if I ever wanted to.
    02-02-2018 02:48 PM
    Confirmed! I got my series 3 last night and skipped the cellular activation.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-07-2018 11:00 AM
43 12