I was pretty stoked when the LTE model was actually revealed this year, but I'm now considering just going with the 3 without LTE. The more I think about it I'm not sure if I need a separate data plan for my AW.

What are you guys getting? The 3 with GPS or GPS and cellular and why?
    ame likes this.
    09-19-2017 10:28 AM
    I’m getting the cellular model. Why? Because I can make payments on it through my carrier.
    I’ll have to see how true this is, but I was also told that if I didn’t want to keep the data plan on it, I could just cancel it and use the watch as is.
    09-19-2017 10:32 AM
    I’m getting the Series 3 Gold without LTE.
    One, it isn’t yet supported by my carrier, two, I don’t need it.
    When I don’t have my phone on me I also don’t have time to pay attention to my Watch. Either of those situations rarely happen for me though.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-19-2017 10:37 AM
    I’m getting the cellular model. Why? Because I can make payments on it through my carrier.
    I’ll have to see how true this is, but I was also told that if I didn’t want to keep the data plan on it, I could just cancel it and use the watch as is.
    I thought about that too, but T-Mo doesn't carry the model I'd want. I think that's true though. You can cancel the data at any time, but from what I understand you have to pay the watch off in full when cancelling.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-19-2017 10:45 AM
    I thought about that too, but T-Mo doesn't carry the model I'd want. I think that's true though. You can cancel the data at any time, but from what I understand you have to pay the watch off in full when cancelling.
    Yeah, I think T-Mobile only carries the sports versions.
    09-19-2017 10:47 AM
    I’m getting the Series 3 Gold without LTE.
    One, it isn’t yet supported by my carrier, two, I don’t need it.
    When I don’t have my phone on me I also don’t have time to pay attention to my Watch. Either of those situations rarely happen for me though.

That's why I'm a little torn. I can't really think of a situation that I'd have my Watch, but not my phone that I'd need a cell connection. I'm sure if I go without LTE I'll run into situations I'd wished I'd gotten the cellular model. Ha!
    Tartarus and DEman19901 like this.
    09-19-2017 10:48 AM
    Yeah, I think T-Mobile only carries the sports versions.

Yup, and I wanted the Space Black. Unfortunately though, that one is only available in LTE. Ugh! May have to het the cellular either way.
    09-19-2017 10:50 AM
    That's why I'm a little torn. I can't really think of a situation that I'd have my Watch, but not my phone that I'd need a cell connection. I'm sure if I go without LTE I'll run into situations I'd wished I'd gotten the cellular model. Ha!
    They also didn’t have any models with the new Sports Loop option either.

Indeed, it can always be nice to have in case. I think carriers should be charging $5 though.
    09-19-2017 10:51 AM
    They also didn’t have any models with the new Sports Loop option either.

Indeed, it can always be nice to have in case. I think carriers should be charging $5 though.
    That's my thought as well. Not that $10 is a ton of money. It's just a lot easier to swallow a single digit monthly expense. Especially when T-Mo already charges an extra $10 for HD streaming over LTE on their phone plans.
    09-19-2017 10:53 AM
    That's my thought as well. Not that $10 is a ton of money. It's just a lot easier to swallow a single digit monthly expense. Especially when T-Mo already charges an extra $10 for HD streaming over LTE on their phone plans.
    No, $10 isn’t too bad. But when you’re using the same number as your phone and for the limited amount of data your watch will be using, I don’t see why it would be that much. Maybe tablets I can understand.
    09-19-2017 10:56 AM
    No, $10 isn’t too bad. But when you’re using the same number as your phone and for the limited amount of data your watch will be using, I don’t see why it would be that much. Maybe tablets I can understand.
    Exactly. The Apple Watch is more of an extension of your phone. An iPad is a completely separate device that would be used much more heavily.

Sidenote: I can't remember. With the LTE Apple Watch would I be able to use Apple Pay if I left my phone at home?
    09-19-2017 11:00 AM
    Exactly. The Apple Watch is more of an extension of your phone. An iPad is a completely separate device that would be used much more heavily.

Sidenote: I can't remember. With the LTE Apple Watch would I be able to use Apple Pay if I left my phone at home?
    If I’m not mistaken, you can do that currently?
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-19-2017 11:01 AM
    If I’m not mistaken, you can do that currently?
    Not sure. I'd think it'd need a connection of some sort either through the phone itself or a separate LTE connection. I haven't used my Series One in a while, because I've been using the S8+ since release. Coming back to iOS though. My memory is a little foggy on Apple Pay.
    09-19-2017 11:05 AM
    The question you have to ask is if avoiding those situations is worth $10 a month?
    If it’s not, don’t get it. If it is and you can miss the $10 a month, go for it.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-19-2017 11:06 AM
    Not sure. I'd think it'd need a connection of some sort either through the phone itself or a separate LTE connection. I haven't used my Series One in a while, because I've been using the S8+ since release. Coming back to iOS though. My memory is a little foggy on Apple Pay.
    Damn. I forget. Might have to do some testing this weekend.
    09-19-2017 11:10 AM
    Pretty much the same reason I ordered the cellular model
    RECON1 and msm0511 like this.
    09-19-2017 11:15 AM
    With Verizon they assign another number to your watch which works with your current iPhone line. I noticed the number in the order I placed but subsequently cancelled.
    09-19-2017 02:43 PM
    I’ve went with Space Black which is only available with LTE. I won’t be using the feature at all since it’s not supported in my country. And I always have my iPhone with me.
    09-19-2017 06:07 PM
    I went with LTE- I was coming from a series zero so anything was an upgrade however I felt that I would regret not getting LTE.
    RECON1, ladyc0524 and DEman19901 like this.
    09-19-2017 06:11 PM
    I’ve went with Space Black which is only available with LTE. I won’t be using the feature at all since it’s not supported in my country. And I always have my iPhone with me.
    That's the one I want as well. I guess I've got no choice but to get the LTE version if I want the SS.
    ame likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:13 PM
    That's the one I want as well. I guess I've got no choice but to get the LTE version if I want the SS.
    Yep!
    It’s worth it, the SS looks very classy.
    The Space Black is super dope
    09-19-2017 06:14 PM
    I went with LTE- I was coming from a series zero so anything was an upgrade however I felt that I would regret not getting LTE.

I had Series 0 and Series One. On both of those I got the least expensive model I could get, but I think with Series 0 still getting watchOS 4 I may bite the bullet and get a nicer model.
    09-19-2017 06:18 PM
    I had Series 0 and Series One. On both of those I got the least expensive model I could get, but I think with Series 0 still getting watchOS 4 I may bite the bullet and get a nicer model.
    I bought the sport one as well and never regretted it. I didn’t want the weight of the stainless one. Sport held up great over the last few years. Honestly looks new. Giving it to my niece.
    swimbikemom2 likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:21 PM
    I bought the sport one as well and never regretted it. I didn’t want the weight of the stainless one. Sport held up great over the last few years. Honestly looks new. Giving it to my niece.
    I've been a bit obsessed with the Space Black since I first saw it. I like the Space Grey I have, but that SB though!
    RECON1 likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:32 PM
    I've been a bit obsessed with the Space Black since I first saw it. I like the Space Grey I have, but that SB though!
    Then get the space black. You only live once- no regrets.
    09-19-2017 08:15 PM
85 123 ...