Series 3 with or without LTE? What are you guys getting?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So my order has been pushed back. Who knows when I'm gonna get my SB Stainless. Heck, I might have my X before I get my Apple Watch.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
What was the original date and when did it get pushed back to?

I didn't order until the 22nd because I was waiting for TMo to have the SB Stainless available. The original dates were 10/30-11/13. The new dates are 11/08-11/28. I've been through this before when I got my 7 Plus. I didn't preorder that either. It got pushed back twice and was delivered toward the end of the second push back if I remember correctly. I'm not in a huge rush b/c I have a Series 1 I got last year, but it'd be nice to get the AW before or around the same time as my X.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't order until the 22nd because I was waiting for TMo to have the SB Stainless available. The original dates were 10/30-11/13. The new dates are 11/08-11/28. I've been through this before when I got my 7 Plus. I didn't preorder that either. It got pushed back twice and was delivered toward the end of the second push back if I remember correctly. I'm not in a huge rush b/c I have a Series 1 I got last year, but it'd be nice to get the AW before or around the same time as my X.

Dang. I think they’re backordered on Apple’s website as well.

I’m really hoping to get the X before 2018. Lol. But who knows with the rumored limited supply.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dang. I think they’re backordered on Apple’s website as well.

I’m really hoping to get the X before 2018. Lol. But who knows with the rumored limited supply.

I’m def setting an alarm to get my preorder in as close to 3am eastern as possible.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm buying the GPS only. To start with, I don't see that I'll use the watch without my phone enough to buy the LTE version or pay the extra $10 per month, not to mention the extra $80 for the LTE version. Additionally, I really don't like the red dot, so like that I can get the version without it.

The fact that I could get the Sport Loop, if I get the LTE version, almost would convince me, though it would still be an extra $30 and I don't get much choice in the sport loop color (compared to buying it separately). I'd also get the red dot. OTOH, I would appreciate getting the 16GB storage.

I was on the fence because I am on prepaid and was deciding if I want to move back to post paid. Then someone brought something to my attention. Why pay $1000 for a phone only to leave at at home? It was GPS only for me and I really did not want to move back to post paid.

Ben Downing

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Why pay $1000 for a phone only to leave at at home? It was GPS only for me and I really did not want to move back to post paid.

i am a runner and need to be in contact due to my disabled children. i can go running with my airpods and not worry about dropping my phone, nor about missing calls.

i had an occasion the other night when i went to get in my car only to realise i'd left my phone inside. i didn't bother to get it as i had my LTE watch on me.

the LTE has it's advantages - just to have to decide if they are advantages for you

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
i am a runner and need to be in contact due to my disabled children. i can go running with my airpods and not worry about dropping my phone, nor about missing calls.

i had an occasion the other night when i went to get in my car only to realise i'd left my phone inside. i didn't bother to get it as i had my LTE watch on me.

the LTE has it's advantages - just to have to decide if they are advantages for you

I am a runner as well. I wear my phone on an armband and I forget that the phone is even there. Plus on my trail runs I have opportunities to take some amazing pictures. Watch can't do that.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting one. I'm still using series 0 ( I think it's called 0, the original Apple Watch) but it's doing what I need it to do. It would be nice to be able to go on my walks and bike rides and leave my phone at home or in the car and just use my watch for GPS tracking (for walks and bike rides), phone calls (if any) and streaming music. If I get a series 3 it will be with LTE, but just not sure if I'll upgrade or not.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting one. I'm still using series 0 ( I think it's called 0, the original Apple Watch) but it's doing what I need it to do. It would be nice to be able to go on my walks and bike rides and leave my phone at home or in the car and just use my watch for GPS tracking (for walks and bike rides), phone calls (if any) and streaming music. If I get a series 3 it will be with LTE, but just not sure if I'll upgrade or not.

It’s worth the upgrade IMO.
It’s incredibly fast (no lag at all), amazing battery life, and you’ve got LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh