Series 3 with or without LTE? What are you guys getting?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I went with LTE- I was coming from a series zero so anything was an upgrade however I felt that I would regret not getting LTE.

I had Series 0 and Series One. On both of those I got the least expensive model I could get, but I think with Series 0 still getting watchOS 4 I may bite the bullet and get a nicer model.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had Series 0 and Series One. On both of those I got the least expensive model I could get, but I think with Series 0 still getting watchOS 4 I may bite the bullet and get a nicer model.

I bought the sport one as well and never regretted it. I didn’t want the weight of the stainless one. Sport held up great over the last few years. Honestly looks new. Giving it to my niece.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I bought the sport one as well and never regretted it. I didn’t want the weight of the stainless one. Sport held up great over the last few years. Honestly looks new. Giving it to my niece.

I've been a bit obsessed with the Space Black since I first saw it. I like the Space Grey I have, but that SB though!

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
With Verizon they assign another number to your watch which works with your current iPhone line. I noticed the number in the order I placed but subsequently cancelled.

T-Mobile does the same thing but I kept my order. I’m coming from a Series 0 and I honestly would enjoy having LTE on my watch.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile does the same thing but I kept my order. I’m coming from a Series 0 and I honestly would enjoy having LTE on my watch.

They did that for me because it’s like setting up a data plan for an iPad. However, they told me once I get the device and start setting it up, they’ll switch it over and link it to my phone.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
They did that for me because it’s like setting up a data plan for an iPad. However, they told me once I get the device and start setting it up, they’ll switch it over and link it to my phone.

Oh ok. I need to see what T-Mobile is going to do.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a 42mm S3 Silver Al Cellular with the new Woven Sport Band. It's nicer looking that the regular Sports and I wanted to see how it held up with HnL. No tax and a $50 gift card— $379.

And yes, all Apple Watches do Apple Pay. I got the AWs (original) because my 5s didn't do Apple Pay but the Watch would. And I think the 5s is the minimal phone that will work with a Watch.

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Got the LTE option so I can stream music while mowing the lawn (about 2 hours) every week, without risking the iPhone. Plus I tend to leave my phone in the car when I get home.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
And yes, all Apple Watches do Apple Pay. I got the AWs (original) because my 5s didn't do Apple Pay but the Watch would. And I think the 5s is the minimal phone that will work with a Watch.

For all but cellular, yes. For the cellular Series 3, it must be iPhone 6/6+ or later.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If I get one this time around it'll be the non LTE version, I just can't see the need for cellular for me.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm buying the GPS only. To start with, I don't see that I'll use the watch without my phone enough to buy the LTE version or pay the extra $10 per month, not to mention the extra $80 for the LTE version. Additionally, I really don't like the red dot, so like that I can get the version without it.

The fact that I could get the Sport Loop, if I get the LTE version, almost would convince me, though it would still be an extra $30 and I don't get much choice in the sport loop color (compared to buying it separately). I'd also get the red dot. OTOH, I would appreciate getting the 16GB storage.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I pre ordered the series 3 LTE.... I’m really questioning if the LTE is going to be worth the $10 a month and if the connectivity with LTE will be strong ..also think it’s going to be a battery killer..... I may cancel my order and just sick with my series 2.... seems like the biggest thing for Watch series 2 users is the new software .... the new soft wear may be enough for me to stick with the series 2 for another year....

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I pre ordered the series 3 LTE.... I’m really questioning if the LTE is going to be worth the $10 a month and if the connectivity with LTE will be strong ..also think it’s going to be a battery killer..... I may cancel my order and just sick with my series 2.... seems like the biggest thing for Watch series 2 users is the new software .... the new soft wear may be enough for me to stick with the series 2 for another year....

I'm kinda glad supply is constrained at the moment because it gives me more time to think about which model I want. I can also give watchOS 4 a go on my Series One to decide if I even need the upgrade.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I would like to get the LTE version but I use TMO and I am not sure what models they are currently offering OR will be offering in the near future. I am thinking I should buy the Wifi model and not the LTE model. I am thinking of the financial end of things. I already have 4 phones on TMO and I pay over 100 dollars each month. To buy the LTE model is expensive then to pay 10 dollars each month to be connected. I don't know. I am usually in Wifi range at home, work and Optimum. I am leaning towards the Wifi model.

How is the battery life on the Watch 3?

Someone please correct me. I thought Watch 2 had Wifi capability. Another words, I can be "untethered" from the phone if I connect Watch 2 to Wifi and I don't have to carry the phone with me everywhere I go.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Without LTE. I don’t imagine many scenarios where I’ll have my watch and not my phone and having to pay AT&T another monthly fee for it. Now if it wasn’t $10 extra a month then I probably would have considered it as a splurge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR