Series 2 bands compatible with Series 3?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the Series 2 Nike Plus Watch. I have many separate bands that I purchased as accessories. They are official bands that  makes.

If I get the Series 3 watch with LTE, will the Series 2 bands that I have now work with the Series 3 or will I have to get new bands?

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the Series 2 Nike Plus Watch. I have many separate bands that I purchased as accessories. They are official bands that  makes.

If I get the Series 3 watch with LTE, will the Series 2 bands that I have now work with the Series 3 or will I have to get new bands?

As long as you get the same size watch, like 38 or 42, they should be compatible. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Nike + cellular 42mm this go round. I have my Series 1 listed on eBay currently.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
As long as you get the same size watch, like 38 or 42, they should be compatible. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Nike + cellular 42mm this go round. I have my Series 1 listed on eBay currently.

I currently have the 42mm size and all of my bands are for the 42mm size. I'm guessing that they'd be compatible with any Series 3 42mm version because  hasn't changed the size of the place where you insert the band.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It was confirmed by Apple during the event of September 12 that they are compatible with their respective sizes.
No worries there.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Am disappointed we don’t get two bands with series 3 like with Series 2
I need a black. I have a black leather but like black sport band. Will order from Ebay. Great pricing fee shipping

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would like an option to choose to get it without a band. I didn’t love the selection this time with series 3. There were others that I did like but wasn’t part of the combo. A band-less option for $50 less would be awesome

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the aluminum series 3, 42 mm, with the fog sports band...which I didn't care for.

Swapped the bands from my series 0 (which I'm selling with the fog band) and everything fit. All bands from every iteration of the Apple watch are compatible with the watches that have been released.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Mine came with two. And when I sold it I also included both

Was that some kind of promo?

My Watches with Sport bands had three pieces— one with the pin and two different length halves. But none had two complete bands.

All bands from every iteration of the Apple watch are compatible with the watches that have been released.

There's been a lot of worry from Series to Series about backwards compatibility, and although Apple hasn't chosen to use it as a selling point, it's in their best interest to maintain that compatibility for as long as possible.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Was that some kind of promo?

My Watches with Sport bands had three pieces— one with the pin and two different length halves. But none had two complete bands.

There's been a lot of worry from Series to Series about backwards compatibility, and although Apple hasn't chosen to use it as a selling point, it's in their best interest to maintain that compatibility for as long as possible.

Not sure. But it was packaged with two. Black and a pinkish color

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2