Does anyone know if the Series 3 Apple Watches with LTE will be functional when you are not an area with LTE coverage? My neighborhood dips into a valley and I lose LTE if I'm around my house. Just wondering if the watch supports 4G.
    09-15-2017 10:45 AM
    Does anyone know if the Series 3 Apple Watches with LTE will be functional when you are not an area with LTE coverage? My neighborhood dips into a valley and I lose LTE if I'm around my house. Just wondering if the watch supports 4G.
    The watch also has UMTS in addition to LTE, so you’d think that ATT and T-Mobile should be fine. We’ll see about Verizon - it doesn’t use UMTS for calls or 3G.

That’s a really good question, though, for a call to Apple, I think.
    Tartarus and eyecrispy like this.
    09-15-2017 01:28 PM
    The watch also has UMTS in addition to LTE, so you’d think that ATT and T-Mobile should be fine. We’ll see about Verizon - it doesn’t use UMTS for calls or 3G.

That’s a really good question, though, for a call to Apple, I think.
    I'm with att hopefully, will be fine. I will test it out pretty thoroughly during the return window to make sure it meets my needs.
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-15-2017 06:13 PM
    Just to answer my question above, I just saw that there is a note on Apple's site about Verizon and Sprint - they do not support UMTS on the Series 3. You need to have an LTE connection. As a Verizon customer, this is another reason for me to wait until Verizon decides to expand their coverage where I live.

See https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/
    09-16-2017 06:21 AM
    Just to answer my question above, I just saw that there is a note on Apple's site about Verizon and Sprint - they do not support UMTS on the Series 3. You need to have an LTE connection. As a Verizon customer, this is another reason for me to wait until Verizon decides to expand their coverage where I live.

See https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/
    Thanks for the link, I was looking for just that information.
    09-16-2017 10:26 AM