Won’t be upgrading, but I wanted to

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I guess I am the only one that likes the red dot-It reminds me of my Michelle watch. Anyway I ordered the 38mm LTE silver seashell sport loop

Please bear in mind that the 38mm won’t have the same battery life as the 42mm..

Yes, I bought a second hand 38mm Apple Watch first gen last year in July, but have regretted it ever since because of battery life.
watchOS 4 made it all better, but not as good as the 42mm provides

This time around I’m gonna get the 42mm series 3 sans LTE.

Enjoy your new watch.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I guess I am the only one that likes the red dot-It reminds me of my Michelle watch. Anyway I ordered the 38mm LTE silver seashell sport loop

I like the red dot. Doesn't bother me at all! It is how they determine which ones are cellular as well.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am on a plan that I am not changing. I loved when I had Samsung that my watch was cellular. I like it being separate and can use without having phone close by. If I am out and about...but I wear the watch everyday and this offers more and more freedom. I want to get back into my active life and this makes it much easier. I got the 399 watch

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Please bear in mind that the 38mm won’t have the same battery life as the 42mm..

Yes, I bought a second hand 38mm Apple Watch first gen last year in July, but have regretted it ever since because of battery life.
watchOS 4 made it all better, but not as good as the 42mm provides

This time around I’m gonna get the 42mm series 3 sans LTE.

Enjoy your new watch.

I have been rocking the original 38mm for 2 plus years now- never had an issue with battery life. 42mm way too big for me. Enjoy your watch

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Wow! As the kids say— that's messed up! $20 more for a G less data.

I have no idea what hell ATT has planned for me when it's time to activate. Since it's early days maybe you got bad information and the costs aren't as bad. I'd try four or five different reps to see if I could get a better idea of any options.

It’s $10 more for the 4GB compared to my 5GB and $10 for LTE service on the watch. I’m on the single line plan but considering the Watch uses my phone number I think it’s ridiculous I’d have to change plans. It’s the main reason I didn’t order a Watch yet.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
It’s $10 more for the 4GB compared to my 5GB and $10 for LTE service on the watch. I’m on the single line plan but considering the Watch uses my phone number I think it’s ridiculous I’d have to change plans. It’s the main reason I didn’t order a Watch yet.

I just checked it out today and the website now adds it as a NumberShare device so it didn’t force me to change my plan. Because if this I ordered the 42mm Aluminum Sport Band in Space Gray Aluminum from Verizon directly. $30 activation fee is waived and first 3 months of service are included at no charge. Delivery by October 11th.

Not sure how much I need LTE in my watch but I do have to admit being able to walk around the house or outside without my phone is a huge plus. Also, I use Apple Music so I will be using that. Not getting an X this year though - will be waiting for next years version as my 7 is great as it is. But do I ditch my Roku Ultra for an Apple TV 4K? Lol, I’m being an Apple fanboy right now.

*This has been an expensive few months for me but I love new technology. Apple Watch Series 3 and an Xbox One S Project Scorpio Edition (Pre-Order). Other small electronic devices to go along with those. #TechHeaven

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
'Tell you what. Throw a little Hot Rod Red in there...'

I got my watch yesterday and the red dot does add some character. I had to call home from the store today to ask about something and it’s so much easier to use the watch rather than holding the phone while pushing a cart.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I got my watch yesterday and the red dot does add some character. I had to call home from the store today to ask about something and it’s so much easier to use the watch rather than holding the phone while pushing a cart.

Yeap!
It can be very useful.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeap!
It can be very useful.

Definitely. I’ve never been a “Watch Guy” but the Apple Watch is useful so I do enjoy that. Honestly though, I don’t really need one. I’m basically using it to see notifications easily and get messages around the house while the phone sits in another room. But it’s also nice to have when I play video games since I wear headphones and I feel the watch vibrate but don’t hear my phone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Definitely. I’ve never been a “Watch Guy” but the Apple Watch is useful so I do enjoy that. Honestly though, I don’t really need one. I’m basically using it to see notifications easily and get messages around the house while the phone sits in another room. But it’s also nice to have when I play video games since I wear headphones and I feel the watch vibrate but don’t hear my phone.

I don’t think anyone needs a smartwatch.
It’s more of an extension of your smartphone or a toy that can be useful.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am so used to wearing a smartwatch that it is definitely weird wearing a dumb watch. Lol
I have been wearing 3 yrs and love it
This Apple Series 3 is the best. And it’s been expensive month for me too.
But I deserve it. Am paying monthly on the watch from Verizon. I also got the AirPods from Apple directly. Waited 6 weeks for it. Well worth it. It’s nice out now at night and driving home I had my window rolled down and could hear my music just fine.
Haven’t gone walking yet but I will be.
I am not 2bd guessing myself for making the purchases. Am keeping my 7 plus phone for awhile. The 8 plus is calling out to me but my phone is great.
This is actually the first time I have never wanted to throw my phone at the wall and stomp on it. It’s been a great experience.

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Well well, it's certainly interesting how people react to that little red dot. Sorta like having a gold toothpic with a diamond on the end, eh?

Should be possible to take the watch to a competent jeweller, and have him/her install a diamond on the end of the crown. That's the way to make a statement ;-)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well well, it's certainly interesting how people react to that little red dot. Sorta like having a gold toothpic with a diamond on the end, eh?

Should be possible to take the watch to a competent jeweller, and have him/her install a diamond on the end of the crown. That's the way to make a statement ;-)

I’ve covered mine up with stickers from WatchDots hahaha.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I am so used to wearing a smartwatch that it is definitely weird wearing a dumb watch. Lol
I have been wearing 3 yrs and love it
This Apple Series 3 is the best. And it’s been expensive month for me too.
But I deserve it. Am paying monthly on the watch from Verizon. I also got the AirPods from Apple directly. Waited 6 weeks for it. Well worth it. It’s nice out now at night and driving home I had my window rolled down and could hear my music just fine.
Haven’t gone walking yet but I will be.
I am not 2bd guessing myself for making the purchases. Am keeping my 7 plus phone for awhile. The 8 plus is calling out to me but my phone is great.
This is actually the first time I have never wanted to throw my phone at the wall and stomp on it. It’s been a great experience.

I remember you from Android Central. I guess you made the jump to Apple too.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice