Are you going to upgrade to the Series 3?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Series 2, bought in January. I'm not upgrading. I don't need the cellular features at all. I always have my phone with me, and would never make a phone call with my watch anyway, and really have no interest in being with just a watch and not a phone. (And I am a runner; we're supposedly the ones who want this. Not me.)
I'm still not going to upgrade, but I am beginning to think that I wouldn't mind the cellular features the next time I buy a watch...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade not so much for LTE, nice but not key to my daily needs. I want the upgraded fitness tracking since I have taken up doing long walks every night and extra long walks on the weekends where I can go hours, just pop the ear buds in and go.

The key question is do I really want the Edition in grey or is stainless steel good enough like my Series 2?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade not so much for LTE, nice but not key to my daily needs. I want the upgraded fitness tracking since I have taken up doing long walks every night and extra long walks on the weekends where I can go hours, just pop the ear buds in and go.

The key question is do I really want the Edition in grey or is stainless steel good enough like my Series 2?

Stainless Steel or Space Black is more than enough IMO. Getting the Edition is a bit too much for a smartwatch.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The stainless steel scratches very easy. It seems to be a property of every stainless steel Watch but the scratches on the Apple Watch case drive me crazy. Wish Apple would treat the metal to resist scratches. Stainless is great for the sapphire screen but sucks for the scuffs it gets . Very frustrating. I've polished it and definitely not all scratches come out .

Sorry that your watch scratched easily. I have the series 0 aluminum and wear it doing everything...no discernable scratches. I preordered the 42mm aluminum LTE version...can't wait until Friday to pick it up at my local Apple store.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The stainless steel scratches very easy. It seems to be a property of every stainless steel Watch but the scratches on the Apple Watch case drive me crazy. Wish Apple would treat the metal to resist scratches. Stainless is great for the sapphire screen but sucks for the scuffs it gets . Very frustrating. I've polished it and definitely not all scratches come out .

Sorry that your watch scratched easily. I have the series 0 aluminum and wear it doing everything...no discernable scratches. I preordered the 42mm aluminum LTE version...can't wait until Friday to pick it up at my local Apple store.

bikewolf

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I love the red dot. But T-Mobile is charging an extra $10 a month for the extra line for The watch. So I'm just going to keep my Series 1 until it dies and Apple Care runs out.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I love the red dot. But T-Mobile is charging an extra $10 a month for the extra line for The watch. So I'm just going to keep my Series 1 until it dies and Apple Care runs out.

Seems like all of the carriers are going to charge the $10/month for the watch...but most are waiving the fee for the first 3 months...from what I have read.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I mean as long as you have your iPhone with you, it still works you know. I’m not too excited for the LTE feature TBH. I’m happy as long as the speed and fluidity is there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2