Are you going to upgrade to the Series 3?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with the OG SS and Nike+ series 2. I don't want LTE. As doogald said, it's supposed to appeal to runners, but not me. I don't want distractions when I run. Also, I recognize this may seem ridiculous, but that stupid red dot might just be a deal breaker for me.

TechnoMTB

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm gonna upgrade my Series 0 stainless, the choice will be easy cause here in Italy the LTE at the moment isn't available. Anyway when I leave the iPhone at home it's because I prefer to make my activity with out distractions otherwise I always have it in my pocket.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to put a red sticker on my crown, then no one will know...

Seriously though I just got my series 2 a month ago at a great price. Nothing about the 3 makes me want to upgrade. The processor speed would be the only thing. If I was coming from the original, then I might consider it, but not from the 2.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Does the Series 2 lag at all?
Apparently the Series 3 is 70% faster while maintaining a dual core chip.

To answer the question, the Series 2 does lag if the app that you are running is not cached - if the watch has to open the app from scratch. I don't run many apps at all, but I've seen the watch version of the Mac beach ball a few times when I do open the few I have on the watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I suppose there could be a tactical reason for maintaining the S3's secret identity— so terrorists or muggers don't know what you have. But if that's not a consideration then I don't care who knows what Watch I have. My AWSS has a black dot on the crown. It matches the display when off so that's something. I guess. If the red dot bugged me, it would be covered. But as for what anyone else thinks... Don't care.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Does the Series 2 lag at all?

Yes the AWS2 does lag, as will the AWS3, and both not as much as the AW. The display can time out several times before some apps open, so the S2 is faster. The S3 should be faster still.

Using computers with SSDs, and iPads flash memory, it's noticeable when Watches lag. The S4 will be faster still. The S3 will lag by comparison. People will ask if it's worth the upgrade. The only honest and accurate answer is— that depends on you, wait and see.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’m still rocking my first gen or gen 0 whatever they are calling it. Honestly it suits my needs. I use it for the heart rate piece as well as notifications. I have it since day one so it’s 2.5 years old. The geek in me wants the new one but the practical me says that I will be dropping $1150 on the new phone so maybe I shouldn’t get it. Sigh. I don’t know what to do. I’m hoping this thread helps sway me one way or the other.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
whatever they are calling it.

This is how it’s listed in the Apple Store app.
4fb33acfce565a459d73dea8be94dabc.png

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It doesnt. I simply cleared the name up.
If you have an iPhone 7 (Plus) now, wait for next year. You’ll thank me later. You’re welcome.

Just get the new watch instead.

Nope I have a 7- plus too big for me. I like that the X is just slightly larger than the 7 or 8

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Series 0 here. It's time to upgrade, battery life is getting bad and it's so slow. Now just debating between the LTE and non LTE version.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the Series 3 but the red dot on the crown bothers me quite a bit.

I have a Series 2 stainless steel with the black crown. I think it looks very nice and dressy with the steel mesh band. I don't care for the red dot either. I wear my watch with the stem on the left side. That might make the red dot less visible.

I'm happy with my Series 2. Will be keeping it for a good while. Don't need cellular but good that Apple is expanding the line.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Series 2 stainless steel with the black crown. I think it looks very nice and dressy with the steel mesh band. I don't care for the red dot either. I wear my watch with the stem on the left side. That might make the red dot less visible.

I'm happy with my Series 2. Will be keeping it for a good while. Don't need cellular but good that Apple is expanding the line.

How has your Space Black SS held up? Does it scratch easily? Have you worn it when working out/swimming?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2