Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Does the Series 2 lag at all?
    Apparently the Series 3 is 70% faster while maintaining a dual core chip.
    To answer the question, the Series 2 does lag if the app that you are running is not cached - if the watch has to open the app from scratch. I don't run many apps at all, but I've seen the watch version of the Mac beach ball a few times when I do open the few I have on the watch.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-13-2017 04:03 PM
    No. Because of that ridiculous looking red dot.
    That's probably the funniest post I've seen yet.
    09-13-2017 05:18 PM
    I suppose there could be a tactical reason for maintaining the S3's secret identity— so terrorists or muggers don't know what you have. But if that's not a consideration then I don't care who knows what Watch I have. My AWSS has a black dot on the crown. It matches the display when off so that's something. I guess. If the red dot bugged me, it would be covered. But as for what anyone else thinks... Don't care.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-13-2017 05:25 PM
    Does the Series 2 lag at all?
    Yes the AWS2 does lag, as will the AWS3, and both not as much as the AW. The display can time out several times before some apps open, so the S2 is faster. The S3 should be faster still.

Using computers with SSDs, and iPads flash memory, it's noticeable when Watches lag. The S4 will be faster still. The S3 will lag by comparison. People will ask if it's worth the upgrade. The only honest and accurate answer is— that depends on you, wait and see.
    09-13-2017 05:37 PM
    No. I’m keeping my series 2 SS model.
    09-13-2017 05:38 PM
    I’m still rocking my first gen or gen 0 whatever they are calling it. Honestly it suits my needs. I use it for the heart rate piece as well as notifications. I have it since day one so it’s 2.5 years old. The geek in me wants the new one but the practical me says that I will be dropping $1150 on the new phone so maybe I shouldn’t get it. Sigh. I don’t know what to do. I’m hoping this thread helps sway me one way or the other.
    09-13-2017 07:30 PM
    whatever they are calling it.
    This is how it’s listed in the Apple Store app.
    09-13-2017 07:42 PM
    This is how it’s listed in the Apple Store app.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a8be94dabc.png
    How does that help me make a decision lol. I’m running out of time.
    09-13-2017 08:05 PM
    How does that help me make a decision lol. I’m running out of time.
    It doesnt. I simply cleared the name up.
    If you have an iPhone 7 (Plus) now, wait for next year. You’ll thank me later. You’re welcome.

Just get the new watch instead.
    09-13-2017 08:07 PM
    If you have an iPhone 7 (Plus) now, wait for next year. You’ll thank me later. You’re welcome.

Nope I have a 7- plus too big for me. I like that the X is just slightly larger than the 7 or 8
    09-13-2017 08:09 PM
    Nope I have a 7- plus too big for me. I like that the X is just slightly larger than the 7 or 8
    Let me rephrase:
    If you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus? Hence the (Plus) between brackets.
    09-13-2017 08:16 PM

This is what I plan on doing..
    09-13-2017 08:38 PM
    Series 0 here. It's time to upgrade, battery life is getting bad and it's so slow. Now just debating between the LTE and non LTE version.
    09-13-2017 08:43 PM
    I was thinking of getting the Series 3 but the red dot on the crown bothers me quite a bit.
    I have a Series 2 stainless steel with the black crown. I think it looks very nice and dressy with the steel mesh band. I don't care for the red dot either. I wear my watch with the stem on the left side. That might make the red dot less visible.

I'm happy with my Series 2. Will be keeping it for a good while. Don't need cellular but good that Apple is expanding the line.
    09-13-2017 11:50 PM
    I have a Series 2 stainless steel with the black crown. I think it looks very nice and dressy with the steel mesh band. I don't care for the red dot either. I wear my watch with the stem on the left side. That might make the red dot less visible.

I'm happy with my Series 2. Will be keeping it for a good while. Don't need cellular but good that Apple is expanding the line.
    How has your Space Black SS held up? Does it scratch easily? Have you worn it when working out/swimming?
    09-13-2017 11:52 PM
    I have the series 2 Nike which was only purchased a few months back. If EE do a pay monthly for the watch it's self and the price is right I'll go for it as I'm looking at reducing my main phone bill by going sim only.

Would of thought they had their prices up by now if preorders start tomorrow though.
    09-14-2017 02:20 AM
    Anybody know if we can deactivate the cellular on the series 3 GPS-Cellular if my carrier don’t support it for now ?
    09-14-2017 10:47 AM
    Cellular is optional. It is an add on to have the cellular function. It used to be $5 for my Samsung watch. But now it is $10 I guess.

I used my Samsung watch with cellular for about 6 months, but then I cancelled it. The only way it would be worth it to me is if my wife got it because it gives her cellular access when she is out running.

I already pay Verizon a lot. I’m not giving them $10 a month for access to my data for the minuscule amount that I’ll be using voice or data.

It’s not like I’ll be streaming to a watch at this point. You can’t remember to make a playlist that auto syncs for your runs???
    09-14-2017 01:58 PM
    How has your Space Black SS held up? Does it scratch easily? Have you worn it when working out/swimming?
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I have the silver stainless with the black dot crown. I don't swim so can't comment. After six months it still looks new but I'm very careful with it. The steel will scratch if it hits a hard rough surface. I did get a very tiny scratch on the corner on Day 2 when it barely brushed against a brick doorway. Since then I am very aware that it is on my wrist.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-14-2017 05:04 PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I have the silver stainless with the black dot crown. I don't swim so can't comment. After six months it still looks new but I'm very careful with it. The steel will scratch if it hits a hard rough surface. I did get a very tiny scratch on the corner on Day 2 when it barely brushed against a brick doorway. Since then I am very aware that it is on my wrist.
    That’s okay!
    I don’t mind having scratches myself as it is a watch.
    Innerchild likes this.
    09-14-2017 06:36 PM
    I'm going to preorder the 42mm aluminum S3 with the fog band. I still have the original Apple watch and, while it still functions, it seems to me slowing down and the battery life is degrading.
    09-14-2017 07:11 PM
    I'm going to preorder the 42mm aluminum S3 with the fog band. I still have the original Apple watch and, while it still functions, it seems to me slowing down and the battery life is degrading.
    Great choice! The fog band is a stunner.
    Frehley likes this.
    09-14-2017 07:15 PM
    That’s okay!
    I don’t mind having scratches myself as it is a watch.
    09-14-2017 08:11 PM
    Red is my fav color. Lol. But they could had made it matching the watch
    09-14-2017 09:55 PM
    I think the black dot looks good on my AWSS. Somebody should make a sheet of adhesive dots to match some of the bands. I think somebody already makes dots to cover the crown.

The red dot on a black/space gray Watch looks good to me, but I'd prefer black on all the other cases.
    Last edited by Mac Guy; 09-15-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    09-15-2017 04:16 AM
71 123