As I was watching the Apple Keynote today, I was particularly intrigued by the new Series 3. Cellular connectivity has been one of my asks for some time... the freedom to stream music, take calls and respond to texts without my phone have huge appeal to me.

However, there's no carrier support from Rogers? Any Canadians out there notice the same? Think Rogers will pick this up soon? (sure hope so!)
    09-12-2017 04:01 PM
    I did too. I'm sure one day it'll happen. It's likely about how much extra they will charge
    09-12-2017 04:24 PM
    Not so sure it will be that easy, remember the new Watch series 3 has an electronic sim card, The cellular providers have to be compatible first....a sim card usually points to a unique phone number but in the case of the Apple Watch it need to points to the same phone number of your iPhone, both devices won't necessarly connect to the same cell tower if you leave you iPhone at home, the basic principle of cell towers is to ring only at the tower of your last handshake, now it will need to ring 2 towers and maybe more if you buy more than one Watch series 3....There are few things to do to their networks to be able to offer the Apple Watch series 3 especially if you don't have Apple support. Remember they mentionned Bell and Telus later no Rogers what so ever
    09-12-2017 04:45 PM
    At least it’s one carrier in Canada.
    My whole country (Netherlands) isn’t supported yet.
    Also, because of that the Cellular version will not be available on launch day.
    09-12-2017 05:10 PM
    Yeah I noticed as I'm on Rogers and pretty, uh, 'peeved' to say the least.

@DanHeb nothing to do with the electronic SIM - Rogers just doesn't care and made it difficult for Apple to roll out with them. Selfish, self-centred idiots. You can see it clearly from their answer to mobile syrup.

The tech is all there and no it's not that complicated.

I feel bad about other countries but Rogers is at least half the market in Canada and not 'just one carrier'. Also since Canada is already 'rolled out' I bet the Netherlands will see the series three cell before I do.

Enjoy!
    09-13-2017 03:13 PM