Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order/Waiting Room

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I expect as much and was always surprised when people demanded that Apple add LTE to the Watch. Almost all ignored the cost in battery life, and now there are loads of complaints about battery life and LTE. Then there's the subscription service.

WTW! You play you pay. Features cost money. I view LTE as an emergency feature more than a tool or convenience. So while I'm not crazy about the cost and subscription ($10 a month??) the battery life with LTE doesn't bother me. I can live with meh.

I think it’s a convenience but I wouldn’t let it go on lte very long. Yesterday I took my Nike+ out for a run without my phone. Was fully charged when I left and after a 3.75 run I was down to probably 75% and then grabbed my phone and ran another hour with my daughter and by the time I was done I was between 60 and 65%. LTE is definitely a battery hog.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think it’s a convenience but I wouldn’t let it go on lte very long. Yesterday I took my Nike+ out for a run without my phone. Was fully charged when I left and after a 3.75 run I was down to probably 75% and then grabbed my phone and ran another hour with my daughter and by the time I was done I was between 60 and 65%. LTE is definitely a battery hog.

Ok, I don't now what's more impressive— the Watch still having 75% left after your first run, or that after your first run you then ran another hour!

Geeze, I'm dreading upping my walks because Apple now says I need 55min daily average instead of 54 for my October Challenge and that I'm at 25min. It's enough to drive me to Oktoberfest!

Time to hit the pavement.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
LOL - I’m not concerned about battery life too much. I’m old and I don’t do workouts, run or any of that nonsense!! I use my watch for the convenience of texting, phone calls, notifications and fun stuff.

nizmoz

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Ordered a series 3 Nike 42mm silver with the white / black band cellular model. It was a hard decision between it and an stainless. But the stainless was way more money so this works for now.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting a little tired of waiting for B&H to get some Watches to fill my order. And there's no way of knowing where I am other food chain. I could be #100 and they get 99 Watches in.

I'm tempted to just say Whiskey Tango and go to an Apple Store for a Nike+ S3C, maybe in black instead of Silver.

But that means no $50 gift card and tax. Ouch.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a little tired of waiting for B&H to get some Watches to fill my order. And there's no way of knowing where I am other food chain. I could be #100 and they get 99 Watches in.

I'm tempted to just say Whiskey Tango and go to an Apple Store for a Nike+ S3C, maybe in black instead of Silver.

But that means no $50 gift card and tax. Ouch.

That’s totally up to you.
If you like the Nike+ AW, then go for it :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen