Apple Watch Series 3 Pre-Order/Waiting Room

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Still out for delivery. I’ll be home from work by the time UPS delivers, which would be perfect timing

I remember when I got the first iPad. Had it delivered to a friend's house who would be home. A truck rolls up and a guy gets out with it, and my friend said 'is that that thing from Apple?' The guy said 'This must not be for you! Everybody's been waiting for us at the curb!'

He said the whole truck had nothing but iPads. There were two guys and they had to take shifts passing them out, there were so many deliveries. They also had extra trucks out that day.

Hope you got your phone and not a sticky-note on your door!

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I got the first iPad. Had it delivered to a friend's house who would be home. A truck rolls up and a guy gets out with it, and my friend said 'is that that thing from Apple?' The guy said 'This must not be for you! Everybody's been waiting for us at the curb!'

He said the whole truck had nothing but iPads. There were two guys and they had to take shifts passing them out, there were so many deliveries. They also had extra trucks out that day.

Hope you got your phone and not a sticky-note on your door!

Lol! I got the Watch finally and I’m happy!! Coming from the 38mm Series 0, this thing is amazing!! Way faster and I’m loving the bigger screen (went with the 42)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Lol! I got the Watch finally and I’m happy!! Coming from the 38mm Series 0, this thing is amazing!! Way faster and I’m loving the bigger screen (went with the 42)

Congratulations! Pics pics pics! And congratulations on the upgrade to 42. Size matters!

Mine won't be here until the 28th. Not later, I hope.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I got the long box, but I bought the 42mm GPS (not LTE). I believe the more expensive watches, like the SS, get the square box. The cheaper watch, the Series 1, comes in a long box but that is maybe half as tall as the series 3 long box.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I got the long box, but I bought the 42mm GPS (not LTE). I believe the more expensive watches, like the SS, get the square box. The cheaper watch, the Series 1, comes in a long box but that is maybe half as tall as the series 3 long box.

I bought the 38mm LTE sport. maybe the smaller ones get the square one. My first gen 0 was the long one.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Correct!
The Aluminium watches will come in a square box if you ordered it with the Sport Loop band.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Why do you know that lol. Yes I did get the sport loop

Actually, it makes sense now that I think of it. In the long box, the watch sits flat with the two straps on either side. The loop can't really lay flat, at least not without putting a crease in the strap, so it needs to be in the square case, where the strap isn't flattened out.

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday but didn’t get to set it up until this morning. Wish there would be more digital watch faces though.
8f60f175375d81dec7b6963f3bc65103.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I believe the more expensive watches, like the SS, get the square box.

I agree. Probably any LTE Watch would get the square box like my AWSS. It also makes sense that a Watch with the Sport Loop would get a square box because of its 'one sided' configuration. Apple could make a 'long box' specially for that band, but then that's another item to stock.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
8f60f175375d81dec7b6963f3bc65103.jpg

I really like that Watch face. Hope to be looking at mine in a few days. Yes, Apple has been lagging in the Watch face department, in both digital and analog.

The Hermès Edition got some more nice Watch faces and nothing of elegance for those of us in the cheap seats.