Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Ok so i am hoping someone has the answer for this- I still have my first gen watch and its actually in great shape- the cellular isnt that compelling for me to dump a perfectly good watch but the heart rate stuff looks really great! I had heart surgery a month ago so thats pretty important. Is that exclusive to the series 3 or is that in watch os4 software? I am running the beta of 4 and don't see it in there- I know they hold some things for the general release tho... Anyone know?
    09-12-2017 02:33 PM
  2. doogald said: Best Answer

Jeff Williams was talking about the new heart rate features (notification for high rate, arrhythmia sensing, Apple Heart study) before he announced Series 3, so I am expecting that it is available to all Apple Watches with watchOS 4.
    I don't know but my feeling is that SOME of the new features of the heart rate tracking won't be available to those of us on legacy devices. BUT I'm sure what they CAN support they will, such as the displaying for example.
    09-12-2017 02:41 PM
    hmm- thanks. I gotta find out for sure before friday at 3am...
    09-12-2017 02:55 PM
    Jeff Williams was talking about the new heart rate features (notification for high rate, arrhythmia sensing, Apple Heart study) before he announced Series 3, so I am expecting that it is available to all Apple Watches with watchOS 4.
    09-12-2017 03:07 PM
    I hope you are right!
    09-12-2017 03:50 PM
    Ok I installed watch beta 4 and looks like it’s software. Original Apple Watch lives another day.
    eyecrispy and pkcable like this.
    09-12-2017 05:03 PM
    I have the public beta profile and it’s still showing 3.2.3 as most current software.
    09-12-2017 05:05 PM
    I have the public beta profile and it’s still showing 3.2.3 as most current software.
    watchOS 4 is not available for public testers.
    09-12-2017 05:06 PM
    I converted this thread to a Q&A, so it can be helpful to others with the same question.
    09-13-2017 10:41 AM
    The developer beta doesn’t show all the options that were on the screen. But the Watch App in the GM has the option to pick the heart rate I would like to be alerted on.
    doogald and pkcable like this.
    09-14-2017 02:30 AM
    Ok so i am hoping someone has the answer for this- I still have my first gen watch and its actually in great shape- the cellular isnt that compelling for me to dump a perfectly good watch but the heart rate stuff looks really great! I had heart surgery a month ago so thats pretty important. Is that exclusive to the series 3 or is that in watch os4 software? I am running the beta of 4 and don't see it in there- I know they hold some things for the general release tho... Anyone know?
    So, bad news... the original Apple Watch (not the Series 1 that came out last year) apparently does NOT have the extra heart tracking features in watchOS 4.

See https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/21/1...eries-original
    chefjayhawk likes this.
    09-21-2017 08:22 PM
    So, bad news... the original Apple Watch (not the Series 1 that came out last year) apparently does NOT have the extra heart tracking features in watchOS 4.

Thanks. Good thing I caved and bought the new one.
    09-21-2017 08:54 PM

That is disappointing. I've got three AWs and one S2. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

This might be related to the AW's battery. It has less capacity Than the S1/2/3 and by now some may beginning to show their age, especially if they've reached their charging cycles quickly.

Apple's policy is that if something doesn't give a good user experience, it doesn't happen. so even if we are content to put up with more frequent charging for a feature, Apple doesn't want a lot of haters saying 'The Watch sucks because...' Overall, I think it's a good policy.
    09-21-2017 09:24 PM

That is disappointing. I've got three AWs and one S2. But it's not a deal breaker.

This might be related to the AW's battery. It has less capacity Than the S1/2/3 and by now some may beginning to show their age, especially if they've reached their charging cycles quickly.

Apple's policy is that if something doesn't give a good user experience, it doesn't happen. so even if we are content to put up with more frequent charging for a feature, Apple doesn't want a lot of haters saying 'The Watch sucks because...' Overall, I think it's a good policy.

Thanks. Good thing I caved and bought the new one.
    Every cloud has a silver lining!
    09-21-2017 09:25 PM
    Series 0 (Original Apple Watch) will not have the new heart rate tracking options.
    09-21-2017 10:58 PM