Apple Event Sept 12 2017?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It'd being heavily rumored that on Tuesday, Sept. 12, there will be an Apple Event at Steve Jobs Theater, at the Apple Campus II (the Spaceship).

Typically they're at 1000hrs Pacific Time, 1700hrs Zulu.

This is almost certainly to announce the new iPhones.— 7s, 7s Plus, and 8 (according to some rumors).

I mention this as there will possibly/probably be an announcement for all the Apple software updates including watchOS 4. And maaaaaybe a mention of Apple Watch Series 3. Or not.

Anyway, I never miss these Events because I, unlike many people, always find them interesting weather the announcements directly affect me or not.

https://twitter.com/iMore/status/902171572663963648

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It'd being heavily rumored that on Tuesday, Sept. 12, there will be an Apple Event at Steve Jobs Theater, at the Apple Campus II (the Spaceship).

Typically they're at 1000hrs Pacific Time, 1700hrs Zulu.

This is almost certainly to announce the new iPhones.— 7s, 7s Plus, and 8 (according to some rumors).

I mention this as there will possibly/probably be an announcement for all the Apple software updates including watchOS 4. And maaaaaybe a mention of Apple Watch Series 3. Or not.

Anyway, I never miss these Events because I, unlike many people, always find them interesting weather the announcements directly affect me or not.

https://twitter.com/iMore/status/902171572663963648

I’ll Probably be on a conference call or in a meeting of some sort during this year’s fall keynote, and then after I get home and de-stress from the driving in bumper to bumper traffic, I’ll spend the rest of the evening trying to play catch up with all of the news I missed.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Apple has, indeed, scheduled an announcement event September 12.

Do you have a link? I've seen several sites reporting that some other sites says they know something, but as of now no one seems to have offered any actual confirmation.

So somebody saying 'they know' without confirmation is just another rumor.

From WSJ:

Apple Inc. has scheduled a product-announcement event on Sept. 12, according to people briefed on its plans...

As far as I'm concerned, that's still a rumor. It may turn out to be true, but that's not confirmation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a link? I've seen several sites reporting that some other sites says they know something, but as of now no one seems to have offered any actual confirmation.

So somebody saying 'they know' without confirmation is just another rumor.

From WSJ:

Apple Inc. has scheduled a product-announcement event on Sept. 12, according to people briefed on its plans...

As far as I'm concerned, that's still a rumor. It may turn out to be true, but that's not confirmation.

The 12th is when I figured it would be. Apple has yet to confirm it, but DowJones/WSJ wouldn't announce it unless their source was credible. Apple usually keeps these things secret until close to the date. They want to hold the event at the new Steve Jobs Theater. It's not quite finished. So it's completion date could decide the event date. They like to keep everyone on pins and needles. LOL

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
'we have it on good authority...'
'someone close...'

Until a source is named, it's unconfirmed. WSJ confirming an unconfirmed source is not confirmation for me.

Someone on the outside may have the solid hot tip from someone on the inside. We've seen this before and they've always been right, right.

It probably will be the 12th.

Regardless who those 'someones' are, since I don't know them it's just a rumor until Cook says:

picard-make-it-so-wide.jpg

and we get the Invitation. :)

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I believe carriers have been informed of the date, and given sales materials by Apple, that ave the credence to this story and further enhanced it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Here's a nice overview of predictions from Rene:

https://www.imore.com/iphone-8-even...m_medium=superfeature&utm_campaign=navigation

I didn't see a copy of the invitation posted and surprisingly didn't see a time mentioned, yet.

Typically they start at 1000hrs PT, 1700hrs ZULU and last for 1.5hrs. This one might go longer, but I think Cook would want to avoid that. Personally I'm good for 2hrs easy.

I might even make popcorn from scratch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's only hype (short for hyperbole) if it isn't true. Fortunately for the free world Apple is the only company ever to indulge.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner