I've said it here in the forums many times - something I'd love to see is a ROUND Apple Watch. But that does raise a lot of problems and issues for the Apple engineering teams:

• this form factor would require a round interface. watchOS would need a bit of an overhaul
    • to further complicate (pun intended) things, if a round watchOS is produced, that'd mean a round and rectangular version of the OS would be required.

Still - Apple can handle it and I think they will. Only question is WHEN. What do you think?
    08-14-2017 09:18 AM
    I'm gonna say no time soon. I think there's plenty of other significant changes (such as adding cellular) which can be added first. I think they'll save a change from square to round until they're running out of ideas and/or sales are slowing.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-14-2017 11:02 AM
    If/when Apple makes a round Watch, I don't think it will be a from-to change but a 'rectangular and and now a round addition' edition.

I don't think it will be anytime soon. While Cooks says the Watch is doing very well, and I believe him, I don't think it's a common belief outside Apple Corporate. They'd probably wait until the current Watch and it's subsequent iterations are near household items and possibly a de facto standard.

A rectangular watch has been a standard for elegance for decades, maybe even a century or two. So I see Apple stick with it for as long as they're in the Watch business. And it is the most efficient form factor for a smartwatch.

A round watch is not as efficient a display for data, obviously. But you don't always need a Rolls when a Bentley will do, or a MacBook Pro when an iPad will do. Apple arguably is as much and probably more about style than function. 'This [product] is the best we've every made' for this category of product.

A lot of people want a round Watch. Many of those people will be willing to accept some limitation in display efficiency to have a style they prefer. But many people want a mini-tower and Apple has ignored that like— forever.

We've already seen a hint in wOS4 beta that Apple could make a round UI. Will they? I hope so, but am not holding my breath. Or they may have discounted a round Watch completely.
    08-14-2017 01:30 PM
    I'm gonna say no time soon. I think there's plenty of other significant changes (such as adding cellular) which can be added first. I think they'll save a change from square to round until they're running out of ideas and/or sales are slowing.
    Definitely not soon.
    It'd be nice if consumers had the choice of a square face or a round one.
    08-14-2017 08:29 PM
    I've said it here in the forums many times - something I'd love to see is a ROUND Apple Watch. What do you think?
    And as I've said here many times, I have no interest in a round Apple Watch. Rectangular is best for digital and round is best for analog. I realize most disagree. All I hope is that if Apple does make a round watch, they still also make rectangular.
    08-15-2017 04:55 PM
    All I hope is that if Apple does make a round watch, they still also make rectangular.
    I absolutely want Apple to make a round Watch, in case I haven't mentioned it. I also might have mentioned that I don't know why some people talk as though it has to be one or the other.

It makes no sense for Apple to replace the rectangular Watch with a round one. To augment the the rectangular lineup— absolutely. It's just a matter of time.
    08-16-2017 03:07 PM
    I like its shape. Samsung was round. I prefer squared
    09-11-2017 02:03 PM