According to Bloomberg News, the series 3 Watch will have LTE connectivity. If true, will that be enough reason to get an Watch or upgrade from your current model? You can read the article via the below link.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ak-iphone-ties
    08-05-2017 08:39 AM
    No, not really. I don't leave the house without my iPhone anyway so this really wouldn't benefit me and the way I use my Apple products.
    Just_Me_D and Snoweagle like this.
    08-05-2017 08:44 AM
    08-05-2017 09:03 AM
    If they do this, I hope they’ll take the same route as they do now with the iPads. With or without LTE.
    I don’t feel like paying for LTE if I’m never gonna use it.
    Like @Spencerdl and @Just_Me_D said, I don’t leave my house without my iPhone.
    Just_Me_D, Spencerdl and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-05-2017 10:44 AM
    I'd rather not have LTE on my Apple Watch
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2017 11:39 AM
    Nope. I'm good with my Series 2. I don't need LTE on my watch. I'm sure it will be there when I upgrade in the future and I may use it, but it isn't a reason to upgrade for me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2017 01:16 PM
    I don't own an Apple Watch but if I did I don't see the need for having LTE. But then again I don't run and pretty much always have my phone on me. If I don't have it on me I don't want to be bothered.
    08-05-2017 02:33 PM
    I’ll definitely get it, if this rumour turns out to be true.

It’d (read might) help me to be less addicted to my phone
    08-05-2017 04:48 PM
    Having LTE connectivity means another cellular subscription. I'm on the same sentiments as Spencerdl so I doubt I'll upgrade to Series 3.

Even my iPad mini 4 is a wifi-only model and I just tether to my phone if used outdoors.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-05-2017 08:18 PM
    I'll keep my Series 2 since I don't need LTE on my watch.
    08-05-2017 11:10 PM
    If the Watch makes phone calls it may need a subscription. If it just does data and no voice it would probably get a pay as you go plan.

On an iPad, you can contact the carrier and get data at any time. That would be great if you could to the same for a Watch, and especially for voice.

Still, that alone isn't enough to get me to upgrade. I'm more interested in the rumors of a new form factor. Although that could just be an accommodation for the LTE radio, as in the Series 2 compared to the Series 1 because of the addition of GPS.
    08-06-2017 03:19 AM
    No thanks. I am not paying a carrier a monthly fee for a watch. It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t consider upgrading, I just wouldn’t get the LTE model or I wouldn’t activate service on it (if that’s an option).
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-06-2017 05:56 AM
    Wouldn't be the same line as your phone? I don't see how they could charge too much, if anything, for that.
    08-06-2017 07:19 AM
    Wouldn't be the same line as your phone? I don't see how they could charge too much, if anything, for that.
    If it's how lte enabled android wear watches are they take another sim so it would have to have its own separate number. Meaning it can't just be tied in with your phone. Most phone calls are forwarded to the watch from your phone when your away from your phone.
    08-06-2017 08:36 AM
    If it's how lte enabled android wear watches are they take another sim so it would have to have its own separate number. Meaning it can't just be tied in with your phone. Most phone calls are forwarded to the watch from your phone when your away from your phone.
    Wow, that's ridiculous. No way I would do that.
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    08-06-2017 08:59 AM
    I’m sure it’s the same as having a connected iPad. I pay Verizon a $10/month line access fee for LTE service. That’s $10/month for an iPad Pro, which for me is WAY more useful than a connected watch.
    08-06-2017 11:11 AM
    I’m sure it’s the same as having a connected iPad. I pay Verizon a $10/month line access fee for LTE service. That’s $10/month for an iPad Pro, which for me is WAY more useful than a connected watch.
    That's not bad. I have an iPad Pro also but only wifi, which is all I need. Wouldn't mind $10 per month but wouldn't pay more.
    08-06-2017 01:09 PM
    'Ridiculous' is relative. I think it's ridiculous that we have to pay to receive cellphone calls and pay for text messages at all. But I do. We all do.

If a watch or Watch is going to receive phone calls without the phone, it has to have a cellular radio. Phone companies are not going to allow it to have the same SIM as your phone anymore then they will let you have two phones on the same line with the same number and ESN etc. You want a second phone you pay something for that privilege.

As I said before, if it's just data, there would probably be a pay as you go play just like there is for cellular-data capable iPads. It's a choice. Choice is nice.
    08-08-2017 09:22 AM
    'Ridiculous' is relative. I think it's ridiculous that we have to pay to receive cellphone calls and pay for text messages at all. But I do. We all do.

If a watch or Watch is going to receive phone calls without the phone, it has to have a cellular radio. Phone companies are not going to allow it to have the same SIM as your phone anymore then they will let you have two phones on the same line with the same number and ESN etc. You want a second phone you pay something for that privilege.

As I said before, if it's just data, there would probably be a pay as you go play just like there is for cellular-data capable iPads. It's a choice. Choice is nice.
    Choice is always nice, I agree! I also wonder what the battery life will be? I don't know, I'm an old school mechanical watch person myself. I love the engineering behind these devices that need no battery or winding and, you know, tell the time.
    Technology will march on though and many people will love and enjoy the new LTE watches, but I would rather spend my money on a Sinn or Stowa that I can enjoy for years and hand down to my children. JMHO.
    08-08-2017 03:54 PM