I find myself getting more and more impatient for the next gen Apple Watch. At least, the very least, I want to know more about the AW3 is going to bring us.

Am I alone here, or are there any other members feeling the same feels out there!?
    08-04-2017 09:15 AM
    You're not alone
    I'm looking forward to the next Apple Watch as well!
    08-04-2017 09:51 AM
    I'm looking forward to a new Watch but as I'm happy enough with my AWs and S2, I can't think of what Apple might do for The Next Act that would wow me.

The obvious possibilities such as increased battery life, better processor, thinner, LTE, etc., just don't make me say TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE! In fact, Apple could make me happy with some software tweaks beyond what wOS4 will offer. So color me interested but not impatient.
    08-06-2017 03:37 AM
    My Nike Edition AW is working perfectly and does everything that I need. Hopefully I won't leap and buy the next one as soon as it comes out (but i probably will)
    08-06-2017 05:39 AM
    Series 2 didn’t give me anything over my Series 0 that motivated me to upgrade so we’ll see what Series 3 brings to the table. My first priority is the next iPhone. Even if I upgrade to a Series 3 it’s going to be a little while.
    Tartarus and TripleOne like this.
    08-06-2017 06:30 AM
    I’m too busy to be impatient about stuff like that, to be honest. My current Watch is suiting my needs perfectly. Maybe when it stops working or something, I’ll become impatient about the next version....
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-06-2017 08:58 AM
    So how long does the battery last on these watches?
    I'm a traditional watch person myself but might be interested in adding one depending on how often they need to be charged.
    08-06-2017 09:16 AM
    I’m too busy to be impatient about stuff like that, to be honest. My current Watch is suiting my needs perfectly. Maybe when it stops working or something, I’ll become impatient about the next version....
    My sentiments exactly. My Original series Apple Watch works just fine.
    tcuprof likes this.
    08-06-2017 09:23 AM
    My first priority is the next iPhone.
    Yes! My 5s is starting to have battery problems. I'll probably replace the battery and keep the phone as a spare. If I work it right, switching my SIM should allow me to use either the 5s or an upgrade. Interest in Apple's new lineup (including the SE, when it ships) is high.

But for a new Watch, I'm comfortable waiting. I think it's a little too soon to expect Apple to WOW me with a new Watch. They did a good job doing that with wOS3.
    Rob Phillips and tcuprof like this.
    08-06-2017 10:26 AM
    Series 2 didn’t give me anything over my Series 0 that motivated me to upgrade so we’ll see what Series 3 brings to the table. My first priority is the next iPhone. Even if I upgrade to a Series 3 it’s going to be a little while.
    Same here, the iPhone is always my first priority. I'm still happy with my Series 0 that I barely wear these days
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-06-2017 12:25 PM
    Wasn't the Apple Watch 2 JUST released last year? Lol.
    08-07-2017 02:54 PM
    Wasn't the Apple Watch 2 JUST released last year? Lol.
    Yes, I believe it was.

There were also a couple of iPhones released... just last year. Rumor is— this year too.
    08-08-2017 08:51 AM
    Yes, I believe it was.

There were also a couple of iPhones released... just last year. Rumor is— this year too.
    Phones and watches are two different product categories. I'm not spending $300+ on a new watch every year. Phone upgrade cycles have gotten more affordable. Imagine those who purchase the higher end Apple watches for around $500. An annual upgrade cycle on the watches just doesn't seem as wise.
    08-08-2017 10:51 AM
    Phones and watches are two different product categories. I'm not spending $300+ on a new watch every year. Phone upgrade cycles have gotten more affordable. Imagine those who purchase the higher end Apple watches for around $500. An annual upgrade cycle on the watches just doesn't seem as wise.
    Phones are a lot more expensive than watches.

I'm personally on a 24-30 month (hoping for 30) upgrade cycle plan (mental plan, not a financing plan; I always pay full price) for my phone, and longer for my iPad. I suspect that the AW will be more like an iPad upgrade cycle than a phone upgrade cycle for me, and I bet for most watch wearers. Since I just bought an AW2 this year, I don't really care when an AW3 comes out - though I'm curious to see what Apple does to improve the AW. There is clearly a lot of room for improvement; the AW is pretty early in its development.

Of course, anybody who bought the original AW may be ready for an upgrade to this one.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-08-2017 12:13 PM
    Phones are a lot more expensive than watches.

I'm personally on a 24-30 month (hoping for 30) upgrade cycle plan (mental plan, not a financing plan; I always pay full price) for my phone, and longer for my iPad. I suspect that the AW will be more like an iPad upgrade cycle than a phone upgrade cycle for me, and I bet for most watch wearers. Since I just bought an AW2 this year, I don't really care when an AW3 comes out - though I'm curious to see what Apple does to improve the AW. There is clearly a lot of room for improvement; the AW is pretty early in its development.

Of course, anybody who bought the original AW may be ready for an upgrade to this one.
    I get a new iPhone each year. For me, iPhone upgrade cycles being annual makes more sense. Thus far, Apple hasn't shown me why I need a new Apple Watch every year. The differences between AW1 and AW2, in my opinion, didn't justify an upgrade for most.

For a watch, if I just paid $400 (which I did for my Apple Watch last year), I'm not interested in paying another $400 the next year. It's different for traditional watches because you can wear those again. But once I buy a new Apple Watch, I'm not wearing my old one again. So I'm with you, I don't care when AW3 comes out. I'll revisit the Apple Watch line next year.
    08-08-2017 01:02 PM
    Phones and watches are two different product categories. I'm not spending $300+ on a new watch every year. Phone upgrade cycles have gotten more affordable.
    Phones and watches are obviously two different categories and nobody has suggested that anybody buy a new Watch every year.

Phone upgrade cycles have gotten cheaper especially if you don't want to own your phone. And they're about to get more expensive.

My comments were directed toward your '...Apple Watch 2 JUST released last year? Lol.' comment. The reason for the Lol is unclear to me. The Apple Watch 3 is rumored to come out this year. If it does most everybody with or without an Apple Watch who is interested in or getting an Apple Watch will check it out and decide whether or not to buy. Not rocket science.

Many of us wonder if Apple can offer upgrades of some nature that would support an annual model release. Just like phones, some prospective customers will find a new series worth the buy in or upgrade. Some will not. Pretty simple really.

Personally, since I don't care to lease my phones I buy every other year or every third year because there hasn't been sufficient improvement in a subsequent iPhone to induce me to buy. That just doesn't make sense to me. I know people who get a new phone every year. I know people who get a new car every year. It will be interesting to see if Apple establishes an annual cycle for Watches.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-09-2017 03:51 AM
    Let me get iPhone 8 in my hands then I'll start thinking about AW3.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-15-2017 04:57 PM
    Same here! Personally I'm not looking to upgrade my watch every time a new one comes out. I do want a stainless steel model to trade between my current aluminum model now whether that'll be a S2 or S3 remains to be seen but I'm in no hurry to fork over more money to Apple.
    08-16-2017 07:08 AM
    So far everything is pointing to just added LTE in the new watch and obviously a bump in specs and possibly battery size, though not life since it'll have to search for cellular data. I can't say I care about LTE connectivity. The GPS in the current watch is fine for the one time a year I go on a run without my phone. I think the Series 2 is going to stay on my wrist for awhile. We will see though, I am quite impulsive.
    08-16-2017 09:54 AM
    I wouldn't mind having a fully functional GPS. I assume it will happen if not this time maybe next. The rumors tend to get more accurate as the Event draws near.

So GPS, notifications, email, and texts— that's what Watch LTE means to me. I might then consider an S3. Our bands are safe for another year or so.
    08-16-2017 02:58 PM
    Our bands are safe for another year or so.
    Whew! Thank goodness because I'm heavily invested in band colors and pair them daily with my wardrobe so I'm not about to give that up and start over again.
    08-16-2017 09:48 PM