Are you saving up for an Apple Watch Series 3?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You saving up for one? Or did you buy a Series 2 (like I did) and are planning on holding off until the Series 4?

Suppose the real question is what Apple introduces in the next one. If the features (and form factor!) offer a lot of good things, I might have to do the upgrade... but from all I've heard so far, am really not sure.

The next gen AW might be an opportunity to grab a Series 2 at a discount too, so that's another angle!!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've got both money and Ramen put aside for this spring. I've got plastic and I'm not afraid to use it.

So it's either a Series 3 if it rocks my socks or a Nike+ if it doesn't.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to see them take on Fitbit in the fitness department and release more than one model. In the unlikely event they release a very low profile, lightweight model (something like the charge 2) then sign me up.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I would have to be blown away to buy a 3rd watch in 3 years. I got the series 2 because of the waterproofing (I swim a lot during the spring-summer) and the gps (running/hiking all year).

kev46

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for Apple to track sleeping not through 3rd party apps. Currently have my Fitbit Charge 2 but this fall maybe time for my Apple Watch.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I would have to be blown away to buy a 3rd watch in 3 years. I got the series 2 because of the waterproofing (I swim a lot during the spring-summer) and the gps (running/hiking all year).

Same here. I cannot possibly imagine what feature in Watch 3 would make me buy.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
James Falconer said:
saving on food to purchase the watch? (I do love me some ramen)

While I like ramen from time to time it's a mild penance for buying another watch that's very similar to my others, that I don't really need, but will get anyway!

My way of taking the edge of conspicuous consumption. I want a Nike+ anyway, so like I said, if the S3 doesn't knock my socks off, it's a Nike+, maybe at a discount.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got my first ⌚️ this month. Series 2, so I definitely won't be looking for a new one yet. Maybe next year...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
robertk328 said:
Unless there's a killer feature for you, there's no real reason to do the watch that often.

That's the reason I don't upgrade my phone, or anything, for that matter, on a regular basis.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly am not interested in a new Apple Watch unless the next one brings something that I just can't live without. I'm extremely happy with what I've got.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Quis89 said:
]I honestly am not interested in a new Apple Watch unless the next one brings something that I just can't live without. I'm extremely happy with what I've got.

That's pretty much a common theme in this thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711