What would you like to see in the Apple Watch Series 3?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Since the next wOS update is going to include a Theater mode, where Raise Wrist to Wake and audio are turned off but Taptic responses are still received, I'd like to see a Night Mode, where the same functionality can be scheduled.

This would be similar to Do Not Disturb but phone calls would ring through, the presumption being anyone who'd call you at night shouldn't have to try twice.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is hardware or software or both, but I'd like to have the option to end a workout either with the dock button or Siri or both.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a GSM version so I can un-tether it from my 7+. may be apple or your phone provider could provide a clone sim (sort off) so we could use our phone data allowance.

A bigger battery
Maybe a 44-46 cm version
facetime front camera.
Louder speaker/s.

This for me would be the ultimate Apple watch.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Price is never an factor in purchasing an Apple Device for me. And frankly, knowing Apple, they'll never lower the prices of their new products.

The current shape of the watch is good enough. Changing it to a round one will make it only worse, not better.

They should 100% make a round option, but also keep the square for all those that like it. They make have to tweak the OS to be slightly different in presenting info in both cases, but don't see that as a big deal.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm glad that at least Tartarus agrees with me that the current shape is better than round. :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned wanting an optional always on display. When the watch was first introduced, there was a LOT of griping about not having it. I'm not sure if I'd use it nor what the battery life implications are, but I'm thinking it would be well received.

Definitely an always on display is one of my biggest gripes. They could make it so it is at a reduced brightness setting until raised to save battery. I have about 60% battery before I go to bed every night and would be more than willing and able to sacrifice some of that to have this feature.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Definitely an always on display is one of my biggest gripes. They could make it so it is at a reduced brightness setting until raised to save battery. I have about 60% battery before I go to bed every night and would be more than willing and able to sacrifice some of that to have this feature.

I agree and think that would be a great option.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I've thought long and hard about this, since the purchase of the series 0 Watch.
First more be more useful, by limiting it and narrowing in on the important stuff. I'm sorry, games are not. Needed on this thing.
-We need more heath related apps, like sleep monitoring
-notifications dumpster. That what this thing is meant for, looking at it, every time we get a notification. Make it better though, I've disabled my mail app on my watch, because it can never display anything that's in the email.
Always on light. A black square is lame. Maybe E-reader style could save battery for this.
Better controls. Be it with Siri or swiping, pressing, spinning or deep pressing, navigation is to complicated and limited.

I like Serenity idea that you buy the Watch by itself based on desired chassis, then the band. Like I want my next Watch to be the gold one with an all white band.

Slimmer.
Better battery.
LTE? Meh. Only makes sense if you have the headphones
Make this our "Alexa"
Make this our smart home controller.

Round? Eeh. After reading about why square works better for a smart watch and round for the "dumb" watches, it makes sense and the square has grown on me. Though a round Watch does sound legit.
No FaceTime. At least not yet. Still years away.
Better waterproof and tougher materials to handle the banging mine gets.
No annual release 18-24 or longer month cycles, until it becomes an actual competitor towards the iPhone.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think I've mentioned this here somewhere and maybe seen others express the same desire. I'd like to see a wOS tweak that's similar to the find my phone button on the Watch.

When getting out of range of your phone, instead of getting the read phone icon at the top of the display, give us the option of Taptic and/or audible response along with that icon. This way if we forget our phone, our Watch reminds us to go back for it.

And the ability to find your Watch using your phone to make it Polo to your Marco would be nice.

danieltank

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Longer battery life & a built-in function for tracking sleep :D I'm using a third-party app now for tracking sleep on my Apple Watch 2 but looking for something more handy. Also, if new Apple Watch has longer battery life, I don't have to charge it every night before going to bed.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It looks like the general consensus is that people would like to see longer battery life on the next Apple Watch and I fully agree. While the current 2 day battery life is great. It's always good to keep pushing the boundaries :)

I did hear some rumours about the screen getting replaced with a Micro-LED panel which will allow the watch to be brighter and also more power efficient.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Most of what I want is software related: better notification control (allow tone choice, allow some with sound, some with haptics, some with none, some with both), better workout app (an option to get rid of the dumb countdown, support for interval training). I'd love to see some smart coaching for running/biking/walking/swimming/triathlon, either as part of an iPhone app or just on the watch, based on previous workouts and heart rate stats. Hardware buttons for the workout app as well, to start/stop or indicate a lap. Support to share workout app data to third party apps like Strava, Garmin, etc. The ability to pair with an iPad, if desired. Support for more/better watch faces (I'd be ok with aggressive vetting in the app store for these, to prevent people from making a duplicate Rolex face, say.) I'd love the ability to uninstall stock apps like iOS 10 added, such as the phone app. I will NEVER place or receive a call on my watch.

As for hardware, a sleeker design I think (though I'm fine with the current thickness), with a slight curve on the wrist side rather than being a flat slab of metal with a glass bubble with sensors in the middle. The sensor bubble is ok, just curve the case ever so slightly to make it more sleek. Perhaps a hardware button opposite the digital crown, or put the crown in the middle with buttons above and below (for chronograph support as described above.) Somehow add at least an option for always on time display, with an option to cut it when the battery is below a threshold. I'm ok with the rectangular shape. Honestly, for what the Apple Watch is, I prefer it to round.

I have no need for mobile data, but ok with an optional model with data if people really want that.

I'd only buy it if my Series 2 was lost, stolen, broken, etc., though. I'm fine with the S2 for a while.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Unless they make the screen bigger, round would actually give you less usable watch face.

I bet this occurred to Apple when considering a Watch as a product.

The same phenomenon has been seen when comparing the 42mm and 38mm Apple Watch. The trick with a round watch is to not try to put data squarely on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh