Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Well, I'm glad that at least Tartarus agrees with me that the current shape is better than round.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned wanting an optional always on display. When the watch was first introduced, there was a LOT of griping about not having it. I'm not sure if I'd use it nor what the battery life implications are, but I'm thinking it would be well received.
    Definitely an always on display is one of my biggest gripes. They could make it so it is at a reduced brightness setting until raised to save battery. I have about 60% battery before I go to bed every night and would be more than willing and able to sacrifice some of that to have this feature.
    tcuprof likes this.
    03-30-2017 07:44 AM
    I would like to see a GSM version so I can un-tether it from my 7+.
    The only way I'd go for that would be if it could use your phone data. If it required a separate data plan like iPads, then I'm definitely not interested.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-30-2017 10:42 AM
    Definitely an always on display is one of my biggest gripes. They could make it so it is at a reduced brightness setting until raised to save battery. I have about 60% battery before I go to bed every night and would be more than willing and able to sacrifice some of that to have this feature.
    I agree and think that would be a great option.
    03-30-2017 12:07 PM
    Just a podcast app able to store content natively - that is all.
    04-03-2017 01:16 AM
    I would love to se more health sensors and a built in sleep tracking app 😃
    04-06-2017 11:13 AM
    I've thought long and hard about this, since the purchase of the series 0 Watch.
    First more be more useful, by limiting it and narrowing in on the important stuff. I'm sorry, games are not. Needed on this thing.
    -We need more heath related apps, like sleep monitoring
    -notifications dumpster. That what this thing is meant for, looking at it, every time we get a notification. Make it better though, I've disabled my mail app on my watch, because it can never display anything that's in the email.
    Always on light. A black square is lame. Maybe E-reader style could save battery for this.
    Better controls. Be it with Siri or swiping, pressing, spinning or deep pressing, navigation is to complicated and limited.

I like Serenity idea that you buy the Watch by itself based on desired chassis, then the band. Like I want my next Watch to be the gold one with an all white band.

Slimmer.
    Better battery.
    LTE? Meh. Only makes sense if you have the headphones
    Make this our "Alexa"
    Make this our smart home controller.

Round? Eeh. After reading about why square works better for a smart watch and round for the "dumb" watches, it makes sense and the square has grown on me. Though a round Watch does sound legit.
    No FaceTime. At least not yet. Still years away.
    Better waterproof and tougher materials to handle the banging mine gets.
    No annual release 18-24 or longer month cycles, until it becomes an actual competitor towards the iPhone.
    04-06-2017 06:39 PM
    I think I've mentioned this here somewhere and maybe seen others express the same desire. I'd like to see a wOS tweak that's similar to the find my phone button on the Watch.

When getting out of range of your phone, instead of getting the read phone icon at the top of the display, give us the option of Taptic and/or audible response along with that icon. This way if we forget our phone, our Watch reminds us to go back for it.

And the ability to find your Watch using your phone to make it Polo to your Marco would be nice.
    05-12-2017 03:50 PM
    Longer battery life & a built-in function for tracking sleep I'm using a third-party app now for tracking sleep on my Apple Watch 2 but looking for something more handy. Also, if new Apple Watch has longer battery life, I don't have to charge it every night before going to bed.
    05-15-2017 08:15 PM
    Less time to actually install a watchOS update.
    05-15-2017 08:32 PM
    It looks like the general consensus is that people would like to see longer battery life on the next Apple Watch and I fully agree. While the current 2 day battery life is great. It's always good to keep pushing the boundaries

I did hear some rumours about the screen getting replaced with a Micro-LED panel which will allow the watch to be brighter and also more power efficient.
    05-16-2017 03:10 AM
    Most of what I want is software related: better notification control (allow tone choice, allow some with sound, some with haptics, some with none, some with both), better workout app (an option to get rid of the dumb countdown, support for interval training). I'd love to see some smart coaching for running/biking/walking/swimming/triathlon, either as part of an iPhone app or just on the watch, based on previous workouts and heart rate stats. Hardware buttons for the workout app as well, to start/stop or indicate a lap. Support to share workout app data to third party apps like Strava, Garmin, etc. The ability to pair with an iPad, if desired. Support for more/better watch faces (I'd be ok with aggressive vetting in the app store for these, to prevent people from making a duplicate Rolex face, say.) I'd love the ability to uninstall stock apps like iOS 10 added, such as the phone app. I will NEVER place or receive a call on my watch.

As for hardware, a sleeker design I think (though I'm fine with the current thickness), with a slight curve on the wrist side rather than being a flat slab of metal with a glass bubble with sensors in the middle. The sensor bubble is ok, just curve the case ever so slightly to make it more sleek. Perhaps a hardware button opposite the digital crown, or put the crown in the middle with buttons above and below (for chronograph support as described above.) Somehow add at least an option for always on time display, with an option to cut it when the battery is below a threshold. I'm ok with the rectangular shape. Honestly, for what the Apple Watch is, I prefer it to round.

I have no need for mobile data, but ok with an optional model with data if people really want that.

I'd only buy it if my Series 2 was lost, stolen, broken, etc., though. I'm fine with the S2 for a while.
    05-16-2017 07:57 PM
    Unless they make the screen bigger, round would actually give you less usable watch face.
    05-27-2017 04:52 PM
    Unless they make the screen bigger, round would actually give you less usable watch face.
    I bet this occurred to Apple when considering a Watch as a product.

The same phenomenon has been seen when comparing the 42mm and 38mm Apple Watch. The trick with a round watch is to not try to put data squarely on it.
    05-28-2017 05:54 PM
    Better battery life
    Thinner design
    08-22-2017 04:28 AM
    Better battery life
    Thinner design
    Generally, without a significant change in battery technology, those are mutually exclusive wishes. You either pay for thinness with worse battery life, or pay for battery life in thickness (and mass).
    08-22-2017 08:58 AM
    Generally, without a significant change in battery technology, those are mutually exclusive wishes. You either pay for thinness with worse battery life, or pay for battery life in thickness (and mass).
    Very true
    08-22-2017 04:41 PM
    A bigger battery for me
    09-12-2017 07:02 AM
    Apparently the S3 is .25mm thicker with the cellular radio and has better battery life (because of the W2 chip). But I'm not sure how Apple is measuring that.
    Last edited by Mac Guy; 09-15-2017 at 04:09 AM. Reason: tried to make the . bolder
    09-13-2017 05:46 PM
    Apparently the S3 is .25mm thicker with the cellular radio and has better battery life (because of the W2 chip). But I'm not sure how Apple is measuring that.
    25 mm is a good size ?
    09-14-2017 08:00 AM
    25 mm is a good size ?
    Mind the dot. Dot25 is a quarter of a millimeter.
    09-14-2017 08:03 AM
    there are lots of thing i like but its battery life is now good than its past.
    09-14-2017 11:13 PM
    This just occurred to me...

There are a lot of complaints about the Exercise ring— specifically relating to Outdoor Walks. People have complained that they've walked a lot but have been credited with little exercise time, i.e. walking for an hour but getting only 30min of Green.

There could be software bug, but I chalk it up to Apple setting a standard based for a 'brisk' pace (whatever that is) to earn Green, and if you fall below that (apparently unknown) standard, you stop earning Green. This make prefect sense to me, but a lot of people don't seem to agree.

I'd like to see Apple have the option of a pacing beep toggle. Toggle On, and if you fall below what ever Apple decides is the minimum speed to earn Green, you get a warning tone and some beeps to establish a minimum qualifying pace. An option would be to quell it once you hit your stride. Slow down and you get the Beep. Or keep the Beep.

But the idea is for Apple to give you a clue as to the minimum pace to earn green. FB time!
    09-30-2017 06:35 AM
47 12