I have been given an old series 2 watch by my daughter. It is not synced to any iPhone. Would not accept the known passcode and now is showing error message "too many passcode attempts Reset Apple watch and pair again" I have tried a hard reset by holding both buttons. Nothing changes. Have followed the steps too erase all content and settings By placing the watch on the charger, pressing firmly on the Power off button and releasing to reveal the "erase all content and settings" option. I select this and the next screen with a tick and cross option is displayed. The watch will not let me select the tick to confirm the erase! Please help!
    02-21-2018 12:14 PM
    Could there be something wrong with the watch itself? Maybe a call to Apple and or a visit to an Apple Store where they can do a diagnostic on it, is in order?
    02-21-2018 02:03 PM
    Please help!
    It's been almost a month and you haven't replied so I assume you got the help you needed. Can you advise what fixed the problem?

It sounds like the Watch wasn't properly un-paired from the previous owner (your daughter). Apple does this with most if not all of their products to help reduce theft by making it useless to the thief.

But it would help to know exactly what the fix was.
    03-02-2018 05:47 PM
    It's been almost a month and you haven't replied so I assume you got the help you needed. Can you advise what fixed the problem?

It sounds like the Watch wasn't properly un-paired from the previous owner (your daughter). Apple does this with most if not all of their products to help reduce theft by making it useless to the thief.

But it would help to know exactly what the fix was.
    Yea I would like to know also! That being said I suspect that Apple can fix it at a store which I'm sure they would do with some sort of proof of purchase. In case anyone is interested you can reach Apple Support here.....

https://support.apple.com/
    03-05-2018 09:58 AM