Watch 2 Stainless I had to have it

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Picked up this beauty today for $150.00 with the box and an extended sports band. Still has Apple Care left on it too.

I have been looking for a nice used one and happened to be in the right place and the right time. Found it at a local estate sale.

a12a7b85ee17dd69a92a230a39a4ada7.jpg

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked up this beauty today for $150.00 with the box and an extended sports band. Still has Apple Care left on it too.

I have been looking for a nice used one and happened to be in the right place and the right time. Found it at a local estate sale.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/a12a7b85ee17dd69a92a230a39a4ada7.jpg
Cool, another metro Detroiter!

You're using the same watch face I have on my Watch 2 (with a different color scheme), and the same weather app. Dark Sky is the only one that accurately predicted snowfall totals in our neck of the woods.

Enjoy your new toy!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nice!
I can’t get myself to buy a watch like this yet. I’m a traditional watch person, especially mechanical. I can’t imagine having to charge a watch. But for those that do, these are the way to go.
Enjoy!!

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice!
I can’t get myself to buy a watch like this yet. I’m a traditional watch person, especially mechanical. I can’t imagine having to charge a watch. But for those that do, these are the way to go.
Enjoy!!
If it weren't for fitness-tracking, I wouldn't have one either. But the Watch has replaced my Polar running watch, heart rate strap and foot pod, as well as my Fitbit. Convergence FTW!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
If it weren't for fitness-tracking, I wouldn't have one either. But the Watch has replaced my Polar running watch, heart rate strap and foot pod, as well as my Fitbit. Convergence FTW!

I totally get it. Especially competitively.
I just do things like lots of stairs at work to keep my cardiovascular health intact. Walk, eat right. Don’t need a watch for that.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Nice!
Enjoy!!

I know where your coming from, I wore a Stainless Rolex Submariner since 1978 and even had a all gold one for a few years. Sold them in 2010 because I found myself not wearing them much.

Only decided on the Apple Watch because I am a heart patient now and I like the health app and the heartbeat function on the watch and the technology is pretty cool.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I know where your coming from, I wore a Stainless Rolex Submariner since 1978 and even had a all gold one for a few years. Sold them in 2010 because I found myself not wearing them much.

Only decided on the Apple Watch because I am a heart patient now and I like the health app and the heartbeat function on the watch and the technology is pretty cool.

It is cool what they can do, no doubt. Eventually they’ll be able to tell your blood sugar, blood pressure and how many calories you’re consuming.
Never had a Sub, most of mine are German made; Sinn, Archimede, Stowa, etc. I just appreciate the mechanisms and hand made cases.
For you and your health I think you made the right choice.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It is cool what they can do, no doubt. Eventually they’ll be able to tell your blood sugar, blood pressure and how many calories you’re consuming.
Never had a Sub, most of mine are German made; Sinn, Archimede, Stowa, etc. I just appreciate the mechanisms and hand made cases.
For you and your health I think you made the right choice.

I also had a couple of Sinn and Stowa watches over the years, nicely made watches. I am also an avid photographer and loved Leica cameras and actually went to the Leica plant in Germany while I was over there on business.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your new Apple Watch, it looks great! Apple Watch has definitely raised my awareness level of how much I am (or am not, lol) working out.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So how often do you have to charge these?

I put it on the charger while I’m getting ready for work (after the gym) and while I’m sleeping, but I suspect it would last 2 days. It depletes much more rapidly if I’ve used GPS (during races and outdoor training runs a few times each week during race season).

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I put it on the charger while I’m getting ready for work (after the gym) and while I’m sleeping, but I suspect it would last 2 days. It depletes much more rapidly if I’ve used GPS (during races and outdoor training runs a few times each week during race season).

Mmm. If they get these batteries to last 7 days or so I might bite.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Mmm. If they get these batteries to last 7 days or so I might bite.

I think that’s true for lots of folks. I don’t find it terribly inconvenient to charge it every day, though. I’m already charging my phone and iPad, and the Watch is even easier to manage as it just drops onto a magnetized inductive charging dock.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think that’s true for lots of folks. I don’t find it terribly inconvenient to charge it every day, though. I’m already charging my phone and iPad, and the Watch is even easier to manage as it just drops onto a magnetized inductive charging dock.

I think it’s more mental than anything. While I’m used to charging a smartphone, I’m used to putting my watch on and just leaving it on without worrying about it. Nothing difficult, just habit.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! I've been wanting to switch from fitbit to an Watch now that they are working on trying to track heart stuff like AFib with it (which I got diagnosed with at the young age of 43 a couple years ago). I really want a stainless but I'm disappointed you have to pay extra for the cell band that I don't care at all about in order to get it. I didn't think about looking for a refurb/used series 2 though. I usually always have my phone so no built in GPS wouldn't really be a huge issue for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77